My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Finding Me Again

Weekly Update: I did it! I did a solid 3 weeks of ME to get my self back to feeling like me. It had nothing to do with weight, and everything to do with emotional healing, but I did of course see physical changes too.   I worked out every day for 30 minutes, and I ate clean foods (but a lot of them!!!)  I  lost 4.8 pounds, 13.5 inches and gained my smile back.


I culminated the 3 weeks with a 5K with some of the moms from my Couch to 5K running program.   I am a health and wellness coach, but also teach group fitness to local moms (boot camp, running, pilates).   It was so hot, but we did it!  I gave my son the medal when we got home, he earned it for 'helping me teach' class for 10 weeks (he was my little cheer leader to the various moms as we would run).    The day of my miscarriage, I took him to class but didn't run since I was not yet sure what was happening.    We stood on the sidelines, and he cheered and gave high 5's to each of the moms.   It was a wonderful day despite the sadness.


This sums up how I feel about my job.   I get to help people, particularly moms, while also living a healthy and fullfilling life myself.

I used to daydream about being able to really love what I did - but then my practical mind always got in the way.  I'm glad I let myself leap, and so grateful for my husband for having faith in me.


Having just completed a 'solid' 3 weeks of the program that changed my life, I wanted to look back and see what my first results looked like.   

I dedicated 3 weeks of my life almost exactly 2 years ago.  I had no idea what to expect, little did I know that 2 years later I'd be a full time coach helping others reach their goals while continuing to reach my own.  Little did I know that the same program that helped me lose 75 pounds would also help me emotionally deal with the pain after a miscarriage.   

I am seriously grateful every single day.



One of the things I am grateful for these days is that my flexible schedule allows me to spend every other Thursday with my grandmother, and my son's great grandmother (he is lucky enough to have two great grandmothers!).   She is still living in her own house, and is moving around as good as could be expected for a 90 year old woman.    I never want to take for granted this time I have with her and am so grateful that twice a month we get to have a luncheon with 4 generations. 


Food news!    Back to food prep.  This is an easy staple in the house - I always have all the ingredients so it's super easy to pull together.    Qunioa, a bag of frozen veggies, salt, pepper and olive oil!



And I continue to make these every week (so far not sick of them!)  Stuffed peppers with homemade sauce, rice (or quinoa depending on the day), peppers, onions and spinach.  


This is my salad from my lunch with my Grandmother last week - it's proof that you can be creative at restaurants.  As a vegetarian it's hard for me to get protein in.  Most vegetarian dishes are some sort of carb and protein and usually chese (unless it's vegan).   All good in moderation, but for years I would end up hungry after going out to eat.   Not any more! This salad actually is not on the menu, but I request a 'double salad with eggs added on' and I am specific that I want 2 full eggs.  Not once have they given me a hard time!  All you need to do is ask.



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment