My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, September 25, 2017

Vegan Queso

Vegan Queso




This recipe I landed on and adapted, I needed a vegan alternative to cheese (I love cheese, but it can impeded your body's ability to absorb iron, and I need my iron to be up!)

Ingredients:

2 Cup Cashews, Soaked for 1 hour
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Water
28oz Can Diced Tomatoes (or I used 14oz of tomato sauce and 1 diced fresh tomato)
1 Jalapeno

Directions:

1. Soak Cashews
2. Blend cashews, nutritional yest, water, lemon juice and fluid from diced tomatoes on high until smooth
3. Saute jalapeno and tomato (fresh or the pieces from the canned tomatoes)
4. Mix all together and keep stirring on medium heat until thickens.
5. Refrigerate to store, serve warm & devour!



No comments:

Post a Comment