My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Stronger Every Day

Weekly Update!  I have to say, I forgot how great it feels to have a plan for both nutrition and fitness.  I am not one to be 'perfect' all the time, but before the miscarriage with the pregnancy my nutrition was a total mess (lots of morning sickness, and I literally was trying just to not get sick).   Since being back on my favorite clean eating plan - I just FEEL better.  I have just a few days left to share my final results (my 'before' photos are the ones on the right below).    

What's fun about the photos below, they are literally the exact same weight just a year apart.  This is why these days I don't focus on weight at all. The one on the right I am much firmer despite having just been pregnant for 3 months.  Time, clean eating, and fitness really do make a bigger difference then a 'number' on a scale.  


This weekend we had a total blast - I've been really trying to just live in the moment, you are never guaranteed a tomorrow, even if you work to be insanely healthy.   We didn't leave the house all weekend and it was awesome!! 



Back to my comment above, while we are never guaranteed a tomorrow, I still workout, and eat well - because it enhances my TODAY.  It helps me cope with hard things, it gives me energy, and it makes me move freely in a body that is healthy so that I can really enjoy the life I do have. 



Here are some half way photos of my 3 week commitment to myself - you may or may not see changes from the above photo, but I FEEL different and that's all that I care about.  I am also much less sad then I was 3 weeks ago, a total win.




As I was working out this week I looked around and smiled.   I have this amazing basement gym. I realize for some  people the idea of working out in a basement may seem isolating, but I never feel alone.  I share my workouts in the various groups or with individuals I coach - I feel like I am 'with' hundreds of others when I workout - except the beauty of it all is I can do it on my own schedule, and in my pjs!

While I lived at the gym for a long time, I always wanted an at home space too - mainly to 'practice' things that I do when I teach classes, but I never thought I'd get my space.  Over 10 years later, and here it is!  The equipment in my gym has slowly been accumulating over the years. My favorite is the orange yoga mat - I got it 15 years ago for my very first Pilates class and have kept it because I chuckle at it - it's actually a children's mat and about half the size of a normal one - but it reminds me of my very first encounter with fitness, and Pilates. 


This photo was taken from this past week in my Couch to 5K class during the Core part of class after our run.  Ben has been coming to classes with me for close to 2 years now and typically plays - but recently he's been mimicking me and even verbally 'cueing' various moves - this past week he dropped down and got into a perfect plank!



Here are some of the moms from my Couch to 5K class (there are 17 total in the class), our official 5K is this weekend, but a bunch of us decided to do an earlier run as well - it was at 8pm and we wore neon glow sticks - totally a weird race compared to all the others I've done in my life time, but also a blast!


Pre race bliss!



And now, my favorite part...food news!!!

I let a mom in my running class a running stroller for the 10 weeks, and she surprised me last week with a bunch of BANANAS!!!   I cracked up - some teachers get apples, but my students know me well enough to know how happy bananas make me!



And strawberries!  Here is my son with all of our 'loot' from a day on the fields berry picking.    We have been eating them, dehydrating them and freezing them all week!



I've been really enjoying taking time to make healthy meals - what's nuts is when I'm eating well the 'stress' of eating healthy isn't there - I think of healthy stuff pretty easily even if we only have odds and ends in the house for recipes.   Here is a Mexican stir fry - wild rice, tofu, peppers, spinach, onions and tomatoes with a little cheese. SO GOOD! And I might note, this is my GIANT pasta bowl.  When you eat well, you certainly don't starve.



Another new favorite is actually very similar ingredients - stuffed peppers!    The filling: wild rice, homemade red sauce (all veggies - so easy and so good!), tomatoes, the tops of the peppers cut up, onions and spinach.



Finished product!



And last but not least - I have been dying to make this for the last 2 weeks but have been too lazy to cut up the squash.  I invented this one during a cauliflower shortage a few months ago.  It's so good and so simple! The crust is sage, egg, almond flour and squash and then I cook it, and then top it with whatever I want (this one has mozzarella, ricotta, peppers, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and onions).   Delish!


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment