My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Vacation!

Weekly Update: No update this week on weight, intentionally - but I will still give an update!   So this week we are in NH for our family vacation which makes for a lot of fun.   I decided early on (before vacation) that I was going to let myself indulge in food, but not skip workouts.

I have a few observations.   First one, some foods are worth indulging in (my favorite ice cream sandwiches) and some are totally not (chips!).    Second one, I LOVE my morning workouts, and actually even on vacation prefer to do them at 5:30am.   This may sound crazy, but especially as a mom, I feel like at 5:30am I have no distractions and nothing else I could possibly be doing  - but when I sleep in (my husband was awesome and let me sleep to 8am a few days), I feel rushed and like I missed out on my ME time.

For me it's about the workout but also the half hour I get after just to relax and enjoy the post workout bliss.



That being said, I have LOVED vacation.  The above photo is of my son and I on our first day - I taught him how to waterski (while holding him the entire time) which brought me SO much joy.  It may sound silly, but my original reason for starting my weight loss journey 2 years ago was because I tried to waterski, something I've done my entire life, and was too big to get up.

I wish I could say it was originally to be a good example for my son, but it was actually selfishly because I couldn't do something in life I loved.

What makes me so happy about THIS year is that not only could I ski, but I also could teach my son to ski  - and he wanted to because he has grown up WATCHING me do it!



This photo above is a non scale victory I had while doing my workout one morning of vacation.  I saw some muscles in my leg I've never seen before! My food may be wishy washy this past week, but I am still strong!

I also wasn't all bad with choices, I stuck to my morning banana and Shakeology - my absolute favorite breakfast!

Now here's to a great week of getting back in my habit post vacation!





If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment