My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Weekly Update: We ended vacation this weekend and came home - the last day of vacation I told my little guy I would let him workout with me at 5:30am.  We had a 'sleepover' - I slept in his room at the cabin and told him when the sun came up to wake me up - and he did! At 5:26am I hear 'morning mommy, it's workout time!' So we packed up and crossed the yard to go to the attic of the garage.   Here we are post workout!


Then we hit the boat for one more trip on the lake - we had planned to waterski, but decided not to once we got on the boat and realized it was raining.   I am still super happy about our week - being able to waterski with no issue and being able to help my son waterski for the first time is totally priceless.


While my nutrition wasn't perfect on vacation (and actually was pretty crummy), I am proud of myself for not missing a workout and for really focusing on my time with this guy.  


Some fun news when I got home - I got my certification renewal in the mail for my personal trainer certification.  While I coach as my main job, I love to teach fitness classes and help others through in person training as well - getting this renewal was exciting!


I also got home to some great goodies from the company I coach for.  They never cease to amaze me - my husband and I both finished fitness programs last month and submitted our photos.  Just for submitting we received t-shirts, a cookbook and a 'performance line' sampler.  I also got my "1 Star" tank top which signifies a significant promotion in my coaching business.


Once we got back it was time for a serious food overhaul.  My food hasn't been perfect since being back, but it's been MUCH better. I started with some stuffed shells using basil from the garden, rice I cooked up and some sauce I had made and frozen before we left.


Then with the leftover basil I made fresh pesto!


This was an experiment 'inside out stuffed shells' - spinach, butternut squash, eggs, ricotta and mini shells in a casserole dish - delish!


Here's the finished product of the shells!


And of course, my week and days would never be complete without this amazing superfood drink!



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment