My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Time Hop

Weekly Update:  This week I continued with my fitness, continued to move forward and mentally was in a GREAT space.  Still a big struggle with my food so I'm taking a little time 'off' the scale, and being grateful for my activity level and my overall happiness.

Time Hop (an app) does a great job of reminding me how far I have come. I remember this day clearly.  It was very warm out, but I was layered up - sweating but too embarrassed to take off any layers.  You can see by my smile, I wasn't really happy.   I have lost a lot of weight, but I have gained so much more in terms of my happiness and confidence.




And it's moments like this, that I am grateful.    This is my little guy 'helping' Daddy fix an issue with our bed.  This little guy, being alive and active and happy - that is my main reason for being healthy.


We had a fantastic weekend too - a friend of mine from my entire life (that's a long time!) was over with her 2 year old son.  This particular friend loathed fitness.  She was at best a 'skinny fat'  - I worked on her for about a year, explaining how GOOD it feels to workout and eat well.   About 3 months ago, she decided to trust me.    Perhaps my biggest accomplishment to date was having her concede to working out with me at 6am (she is NOT a morning person) and admit that she had taken a couple days off her workouts and MISSED IT!   

Fitness is not about size, it's about strength, and energy and happiness.





And nothing embodies that more than this photo.   Having fun, being healthy and LIVING with my family.   Here I am teaching class with my son - I teach with him several days a week, and it makes me so happy to be able to show him that fitness is fun and enjoyable!


And perhaps the best part of the week! These AMAZING stuffed shells using ricotta and butternut squash - SO good!




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment