My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 1


Weekly Update:  I am titling this "Day 1" because that's what happened on Monday. I realized I was sliding for way too long (about 6 weeks now). Workouts have been on par, but nutrition has not. And it's not just eating a little too much of the healthy stuff. It's that I have been eating terrible foods. Foods I don't even enjoy and foods that don't make me feel good.  Enough is enough, Monday was my Day 1.   My goal is not 21 days, my goal is 5.  Then I'll go from there!

Here is my Day 1 shot - I started a 21 Day Fix accountability group with those I'm coaching through it on Monday and I wanted to hold myself accountable in the same way I hold them accountable.

I'm down 1.8 this week for a total of 75.4lbs, but more than that I FEEL better.



I can't say it's been all 'bad' - I see photos like this and realize while I have put on some weight and my energy levels are down down down from the poor choices (can we say cheese, carbs and then more cheese and carbs...processed carbs too!), I look at this and realize how much I HAVE changed.   The whole shape of my body is different, and my outlook too. I KNOW I will get past this. I refuse to beat myself up - my only option is to move forward.


You may see different things here - you may see my son is bigger, you may see I am smaller.  But what I see is my smile, my eyes. I see "me" in the second one.   Weight is one element, but having my life back is what I really care about. And that's why I'm moving on from close to 2 months of terrible eating.  My WHY is to live, and I am living, I am being the Mom I wanted to be all along.  And in order to continue to be that Mom, it's time to get my nutrition back in check!


I want to be able to play and run and be totally silly with my little guy and not be exhausted from poor food choices.


This photo is another great representation of how far I have come.  I am wearing the same swimsuit in all three photos.  I remember the day the top on was taken, I was SO uncomfortable.    The day the bottom left one was taken I had lost about 40 pounds and I was SO PROUD. The bottom right, is still me - same bathing suit, with a little 'gained' weight from a couple months ago - but this bathing suit is a reminder of how far I have come and why I don't want to lose all that mental progress.

One thing I'm really proud of is that my workouts continue to go really well.  Even the days I don't want to get up, I do it - it definitely has become a habit and one that I refuse to skimp out on except for rest days.


While my food choices have been on and off, there are definitely some yummy meals I've had this last week!

Here is a fun one - eggs cooked in sauce, easy and good! I make a sauce that's literally just a bunch of veggies simmered and blended.


And this is another thing I never miss- my daily Shakeology, here is a "PB&J" shake made with my shakeology, grapes and sunbutter - so good!


And a fun food I picked up for the week for my son (and he refuses to eat it so it's been in my lunch bag every day), blood oranges! I haven't had one in years, but they are so good!!


This was another big hit this week - ricotta, spinach and butternut squash stuffed shells. SO GOOD!


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment