My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Friday, March 18, 2016

Setting Sail!

Weekly Update: This week I am away on a cruise (company paid for!) so I can't give a weigh in, and it's safe to say I gained a hefty combination of 'real' weight as well as 'sodium' (aka temporary) weight. 

But either way, I wanted to shed some light on things I'm proud.

So here's the positives:

✨ I worked out daily

✨ I enjoyed all my splurges, if it wasn't good I didn't eat it 

✨ I didn't get so full I got sick at any point

✨ I am proud of myself for being 'ok' with enjoying my first ever cruise and not beating myself up for gaining weight 

✨ I had Shakeology daily

✨ I didn't drink (it's not worth it to me personally to drink my calories unless its shakeology or a latte 😍)

Here's what I'm going to do!!

⚓️ Check out what I have at home for food, getting like five billion 🍌🍌 on the drive back 

⚓️ Get back into eating well tomorrow, with 100% commitment Monday 

⚓️ Work out the rest of this week, rest Sunday and commit to 60 days of Hard Corps & nutrition starting Monday!



While I was sitting in the airport this weekend, I was reminded of one of the very first 'before' photos I took.  My head isn't even in the photo.  I didn't want to admit this was me.  At the time I was so discouraged and taking a photo made it real.   Taking gage photo was still important, it has gotten me to where I am today.  

It has taken time, work and patience, but it's been worth every second. 

While I wish I had a better photo, one with my face, one not in my undees, one where I'm smiling - I don't.

But that's ok, because the day I took this photo I was already in motion.

Things were already moving forward.

I had stayed up late the night before googling things about weight loss trying to get myself excited, and I saw so many before photos which is what prompted this one.

The one next to it is me now, doesn't matter where I started, just THAT I started. 


Which brings me to my next point.  A photo came up that reminded me that in the last 12 months I've 'only' lost 25 pounds.  This could give me a personal hit, but I am focused so much on all that I AM these days (a motivator, fit, active, happy, able to run with my son, able to workout at 5:30am) that I barely flinched when I realized my 'progress' has been minimal on the scale in 12 months.  Because my PROGRESS in life has been immeasurable and amazing. 



I said cruise right? Yep!! Free cruise! Not only do I get paid to love a heathy lifestyle, to make others happy while still taking care of myself, to stay home with my son and to be surrounded by amazing people - I also get to go on FREE trips! 

Only downside? They don't pay for a personal packer!



However, my husband and I did decide to get the TSA pre check recently and man was it nice at 6am not to have to worry about lines!



A little backwards in the photos, here I am the day of our flight post workout and shower ready for the day at 4:30am!


Besides the cruise, this week was phenomenal, like most of my weeks.  

I got these amazing photos taken from a local mom who takes my classes and also runs her own photography business (DEFY Photography, Meredith Pratt).

How cool is it that on the days I actually 'go' to work - this is what my office looks like?




I took this photo the second day of the cruise.  It's one of my long term goals to be on a star just like this sharing my story, I have no doubt it will happen. 


Having never been on a cruise, we made sure to check out all the fun activities.  Including rock climbing! I didn't make it up very far compared to the others, but it was a big deal for me to try at all and for that I'm so proud. 




Switching gears, this photo was a random selfie taken as I was getting ready.  This dress is VERY firm fitting, and I caught myself checking myself out.  I may be someone's 'before' and another person's 'goal' but I'm MY current and u am proud of this body. 



Food news starts with a confession:  when I fly (and only when I fly, and only in the morning) I let myself get a McDonald's hash brown and scrambled egg.  Oddly the egg is the best thing I can find as a vegetarian at fast food places - I'm not entirely sure if it's pure egg, but for travel I'm OK with it.  Unknown the hash brown isn't 'ideal' but I have it and only when I travel - so there it is - my dirty secret! 



Oh, I almost forgot! I got a new workout program!! Here is my sand to prove it! Inlaid $4 for 50 pounds of sand to fill my free sandbag that came with the program - best part is the workouts are all only 22 minutes so I have no excuse not to do them! 



I even had 'help' filling the bag from my little guy. 


Here is another set of progress photos. I love the ones that include my son because they show an element of 'time' -  they also show how much my smoke has evolved since I gained my life back!


I was super excited to wear this particular dress on the cruise. I bought it about 6 years ago after running a half marathon in California.  At the time it didn't really fit but I told myself "one day" it would.   Well little did I know I'd gain 100 pounds before it would fit again.   It was so great to put it on and have it fit better than ever before!


Can you tell I had fun on my cruise?



I even got up every morning for group workouts on the deck with the celebrity trainers.  It was so cool to be working out on a ship deck with hundreds of others as the sun rose.



This really hit me with gratitude because I got to meet the trainers who have totally transformed my life including Autumn Calabrese.  While I haven't done much with Tony Horton, I have to say after working out with him in person, I LOVE him!! I'm super excited for my next program with him. 



It was things like this that made me wish we brought our son with us, but I think all the travel would have been too much for him.


I'm not normally a 'beach' person - but man with water like this who wouldn't be?



Here I am having some fun planking on the ship.



I spent many hours this week sweating on this ship, with hundreds of others of all sizes and ages.   The only common thread between us is that we are all willing to let happiness into our lives - regardless of our starting place, we have all decided to start.




It wasn't all workouts though, we had some fun date nights too!



And of course, some amazing foods. So here it is! Food news, the down and dirty.  I totally let loose knowing it was only 5 days - and if it wasn't good I don't eat it! But if it was, I enjoyed it. 



The best part though was the free shakeology! Literally endless shakeology after our morning workouts, how cool is that?



Starbucks is a guilty pleasure of mine, so being on vacation I let myself splurge with one a day. 


I also never missed my daily banana!




And then there was this! I don't ever eat pizza, but THIS pizza was unreal.  Like the best pizza I've ever had.






If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment