My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Friday, November 3, 2017

Chickpea Tofu






Chickpea Tofu





I love this option as a vegetarian who tries to stay clear of soy as much as possible. It's extremely easy and you can keep the ingredients on hand for long periods of time which makes it great for a quick protein option!


Ingredients:

1 Cup Garbonzo Flour
2 Cups Water
Seasoning (examples include Curry, Turmeric, Italian Seasoning)

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients, if you are adding in extra seasoning  see 'tips' for my suggestions
2. On medium heat, stir constantly in a sauce pan (whisk first to break up clumps)
3. Once it solidifies, which won't take long, transfer to a casserole dish (the above makes 4 servings, so I use a smaller dish)
4. Place in fridge, makes 4 servings!

Tips

For curry, I add in 1tbsp of curry and 1tspn of turmeric as well as a dash of hand ground peppercorns to bring out the benefits of the turmeric

For Italian seasoning, I put in approximately 1tspn of dried Italian herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment