My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

DR from Afar!

Weekly Update!!  This week I'm supposed to be in the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) with my husband - all expenses paid - for a coaching trip.  A year ago I was working out on the balcony of a cruise ship on the same trip - quite honestly one of the BEST trips of my life. Surrounded by health and happiness, people of all ages and backgrounds, shapes and sizes and abilities celebrating health.

As a coach, one of the best parts is the community and culture created by the company, which includes sending a handful of coaches annually on community building vacations across the world.

So why am I not there?  I am about 2 weeks 'too pregnant' to go this year - and while I am sad to be missing the experience and know that there's a vacant room waiting for me in the sun, the health of my baby is my priority right now!

So here's to a week of remembering last year's trip and mentally revving up for our trip to Mexico next year!


And here's that wonderful bump that's keeping me off the plane - even if I was cleared to travel, I have a feeling it'd be an 'interesting' flight with this basketball sitting on my lap on the flight!





It's been a while since I've shared some morning photos - so here it is! This is the reality of my workouts. I wake up and can't even open my eyes most mornings.  I snap a photo and post it to my morning warriors group (if you want motivation to wake up in the mornings, send me a note, and I'll add you!).  Then I smile and I get moving.

Start your day with a smile - it makes a difference, I promise!


This week marks the 'last' week of my teaching until post baby - here I am at 33 weeks side planking with my baby belly and toddler buddy.   Side planking is hard, doing it with a baby bump and squirmy 3.5 year old is even harder - but 100% worth it.  I am grateful because of coaching I am ABLE to teach, I have the flexibility in my schedule and finances to bring fitness to moms across CT, something I'd never have been able to do with my old career.


These photos are from last week but I wanted to share my growing tummy from 6 to 33 weeks - I find photos to be really interesting and am grateful this time I took 'belly shots' without being fully covered up!



While my morning workouts are my sacred 'me' time - once a week I let this little bugger join me in the basement (he normally gets his mommy workout time in when we are teaching class together).   As he gets older I'm finding him participate more and more with me - here he is squatting and planking cowboy style this past weekend!


This week marked my 60th day of 'Hammer and Chisel' - my results are significantly different this time around (for obvious reasons), I got bigger, but what I notice most is that my face got less puffy!! And I also have yet to swell up at 34 weeks pregnant (with my son I was a hot mess by this point!).



Another healthy habit I'm picking back up is READING.   This is something coaching has really taught me - and not reading foofy books (those are fun too) but reading books that make me a better person, a better friend, a better coach and mom.    Plus who can pass up an excuse to get in some Vitamin D?


Food corner! When I don't go shopping, I have to get creative.  Here is an 'impromptu' sauce I made out of simmering cherry tomatoes that were about to go bad, left over corn on the cob (removed from the cob), garlic and olive oil - I cooked them until the tomatoes were soft then immersion blended for a sweet creamy sauce!



I've also been getting more creative with my shakes these days - we found some freshly picked wild blueberries in the deep freezer from last summer and they pack SO MUCH FLAVOR, so I've been adding them to my shakes for some extra yum, so good!



Here is my most prideful 'we have no food' food prep of the week!   I pulled together a crock pot dish using:

Quinoa
Canned (no sodium) tomatoes
Tofu
Red Peppers, Green Peppers and Yellow onion diced and sauteed
Taco Seasoning
Black Beans

I even was able to snag an avocado from my mom to top off some of the servings - so good!




And another 'we have no food' food prep - used the rest of the avocado along with grilled veggie burger (that was in the freezer), toasted Ezekial bread (from the freezer) and lettuce (from the garden) for a yummy dinner!



And of course....every day includes one or more of this amazing super food drink - PACKED with nutrients, void of chemicals, void of soy, void of artificial ingredients and one thing I can always count on to get me to a meal even if I have no other food in the house!


I'm happy to help you with your journey, please contact me via Chapmaki@gmail.com or create a free account under me to connect: www.TeamBeam.us (select Join --> Free Account).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTACT EMAIL: chapmaki@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment