My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

31 Weeks!

Weekly Update:  We are getting close!! A little honesty here, after a month of pretty much being on point, I let myself indulge at my surprise baby shower (WELL WORTH IT), but it's caused some off hinged eating the last week and while I have no idea what weight I gained, I can 'feel' it in my fingers and it's not worth it!   So here I am committing to a more prepared last 8 weeks of this pregnancy.

That being said, I'm still insanely proud.  I used this quote, because one of the things I really drive home to those people I'm coaching is TAKE PHOTOS!   A scale is one number, it doesn't show you your strength, how your body shape has changed, how you FEEL (like my sausage fingers this week, doesn't matter the number on the scale, I don't like how they feel!).



A scale can't show me how strong I am - at 31 weeks pregnant, I'm able to lift 30 pound weights and do burpees.  And the ONLY reason I can do that is because I've focused on my actions and haven't given up on myself despite morning sickness, fatigue, migraines and all other fun pregnancy ailments.


Here's another thing I'm super proud of from this week.   I am in FULL nesting mode.   We had a stack of strollers and random baby and toddler stuff in the garage, and I realized after my c-section I won't be able to really access and move stuff around like I can now, so I spent an hour moving lifting and organizing everything on some shelves we got.   At 31 weeks pregnant, I did this all myself!! I'm pretty proud of that.


And here was the shower!!! It was so great to have friends and family celebrate this little guy.  As the second child, I often felt like I didn't get the same 'things' as my big sister - so having him have his own celebration made me smile as a mom.  He got some amazing hand made blankets too (something I never had as a kid...second child syndrome), and we got an amazing array of big/little brother shirts!


Here I am on my shower day!!


And let's not forget this amazing guy!!!   Don't let the cute face distract you, he's been having some major toddler moments recently - between being 3.5 years old (hard work!) and seeing mommy changing, hearing about his baby brother and adapting to the idea of having to 'share' things - he's been a little extra clingy. It made my weekend workout with him this week a little 'challenging' - but I am still glad I let him join me - he popped right out of bed on Saturday as I contemplated skipping my workout begging me to go 'workout with him' - how could I say no?


And the answer is..I couldn't!





Food news!! Here's the most amazing cupcake (carrot cake) from my shower..and YES, I ate the entire thing. Minus some frosting because I actually don't love frosting.


And my food wasn't all bad- I am obsessed with my sauce recipe, and can easily make it into a soup by adding a dash of almond milk - even Ben loves it!



Here's some more food from the shower - the most amazing salad! Roasted sweet potatoes and pears with a vinaigrette, craisins and nuts!



And of course, my go too dense nutrition - no matter if I'm 'on point' or working to get back on point - I never miss a day, 3 years strong!


And probably 10 years strong with these bad boys!







------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki


Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment