My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Uneasy

Weekly Update: This week has been hard - it started out with some early Easter indulgences, and then I got some news mid week changing things with my delivery date. I do not do well with change or uncertainty (something I'm constantly working on), so it's been throwing me for a loop!

That being said, I am getting excited to meet this baby and no matter what, I have to remind myself the goal is a healthy baby even if that means things don't go as I planned.



So in the mean time, I'm continuing to do what I know I love and helps me cope with stress - workout!   Even just thinking this way is a huge progress for me, with my pregnancy with my son when I was thrown curve balls I fell into a deeper and deeper spiral.  This time is different, this time I have support, tools and a career that keeps me focused on the good.



And here's just a PART of that community at a quarterly event we have. There is so much joy and energy in this room, it's contagious. 





With working out on topic, I also wanted to share some common alignment issues with working out, particularly when your chest is facing the ground (this includes in a plank or push up).   The safe position is the top, where you have a lengthened spine from your tailbone to the crown of your head.   In the second photo, I'm straining my upper back and neck by not engaging my back/shoulders and letting the weights pull my hands forward, and in the last one, I'm 'over' arching my spine, putting my back in a ton of strain as well as my neck!


Here I am teaching class with my little buddy. I am forever grateful for coaching because it's enabled me to teach these classes.   It's allowed me to bring fitness to the lives of other moms in a classroom setting while helping many of them at home as well, and it enables me to share my love of fitness with my son. Without the financial independence given to me with coaching, I wouldn't have the flexibility to offer these classes that bring me so much joy!


And food news, my food hasn't been all struggle - I made one of my favorite casseroles this weekend, zucchini! 


And I've been having eggs every morning (and sometimes at dinner!)


Here's one of my on the go lunches - a veggie burger, hummus and red peppers in a wrap..easy, balanced an portable!




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

CONTACT EMAIL: chapmaki@gmail.com 

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment