My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pregnancy in Full Effect!

Weekly Update: At 25 weeks I'm feeling about 9 months pregnant - I hear it's common with your second pregnancy but MAN is it frustrating!   I feel bigger, more tired and just generally foggy.   I remember with my son thinking 'wow pregnancy brain really IS a thing' - well put that on top of 'toddler mom' brain and it's a mental hurricane - a great one, but something I'm finding hard to adjust to.

That being said, I'm appreciating the moments, even if they are challenging - like this one from my Mommy & Me Pilates class recently - my son was VERY clingy all class which made it hard to teach as well as to move - but another mom snapped this photo and it literally melted my heart.   A three person plank with my two sons.


And despite struggling, I'm still making a priority of my workouts.   I'm not losing weight, I'm not getting stronger, but I AM doing a lot for myself and my baby, even if my head isn't in the game (or if I go back to bed after), I know that I'm doing something healthy for us which is why I continue to push forward.

Taking these photos has also put it into perspective - my stomach literally keeps 'popping' - between 23 and 24 weeks was huge jump!!



This screen shot is from me doing a "3 Minute Challenge" video for a group of other women - the challenge was to do 3 moves (a minute each) for a week, and I recorded a different set of moves each day.   To be honest, knowing they were 'looking' for my video every morning by 6am got me out of bed by 5:55!


And this says it all - I may not be perfect, it may be hard to get up and I may go back to bed pretty much every morning..but I'm also not giving up!


I'm also working hard to continue to focus on other healthy habits, like flossing!   This one was a big one for me to finally incorporate into my days and being pregnant I'm fully aware of how much MORE important it is.


Speaking of amazing moments, a local mom friend came over for the day to record our daily routines - this is one of my favorite photos from the day - pure love!


And despite being tired, I've decided my next program is going to be the one I felt the BEST with. I am going into it knowing I'll need to modify a ton, but I also need a reason to recommit to my nutrition - not to lose weight, but to have more energy!


Speaking of energy - nothing says energy like meeting up with your fellow coaches for a family picnic! Here is one of my best friends, we went to college together but I barely knew her.  Since starting coaching we reconnected and I have loved watching her transform (this girl is done 115 pounds and amazing as ever!)



Food news!   I am getting bored and when I get bored my mind and plate WONDER! So I pulled out some oldies and found some newbies too.  Including a new favorite (even my son devoured it!!), consisting of an  Eggplant Pizza Crust.


Here is another favorite - super simple, just veggies, chickpeas, olive oil, quinoa, salt and pepper!


And a super tasty edamame and corn succotash! 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki


Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment