My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, August 18, 2016

My Team, My Family

Weekly Update: I stayed the same this week, but I'm not too surprised since the drop was huge last week! I've been loving every second of my new program and can't get enough of it!

I've been having Ben workout with me more these days - he has toys but sometimes he actually jumps in on the fun.

Usually I ask him if I look like the trainer - to which he'll reply 'she said to drink water, here's your water mom' or 'she said to get different weights, mom'


But this week unexpectedly Ben says 'you need to show your tummy like her, mom'

In the past I would have been mortified - especially since I had a video going on us.  But I said to myself 'screw it! The kid has a point, she DOES have her tummy showing'

The last thing I wanted was to freak out and have him pick up on any body insecurities - because I love my body and what it can do.


And I owe it all to my amazing team of coaches.  There are over 100 of us at this point, 2 years after I started as a team of 1.  

We had a recognition party this last weekend for some of the leaders (not all shown, we forgot to take the photo until the end!).  

As I sat back and watched, It occurred to me - we are family.  

You don't need to be blood to be family, and these women and their families have become my family.



Here are some more photos of my right hand man.  We teach classes together during the week as well, and last week I cut up a shirt to make it comfortable - hence the Rambo band on Ben's head!


Another big part of my life these days is reading with purpose.  I used to read random books, but now I have found this pocket of amazing books that help me as a person all aroubd.  I'm super pumped about my newest one!


Oh yeah, and in food news - let me show you how coaches throw a BBQ!! It's pretty freaking yummy.


Black rice and mango salad


Kale and lemon salad 


Fruit salad 


Mexican caviar 


Pesto pasta 


Balsamic pasta 



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment