My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Mount Washington!

Weekly Update: This week was fun - I got to hike Mount Washington!! I wasn't expecting to this summer since I was supposed to be about 6 months pregnant - but then about a week ago I realized, WHY NOT?   Why not do something I totally love now that I can?  So on a whim I called my dad and up we went!  There is always something to find in life to be grateful for despite hard times - and I am grateful that I'm fit enough to be able to hike a 6,200 foot mountain on a whim.

It was perhaps the most beautiful day that I have ever experienced on this Mountain - a perfect day.


I packed my goodies for the trail including my banana/sunbutter/wrap!


And the BEST part was the next day Ben put on my hiking boots and said 'look mommy, I'm hiking!!' 


We also had some fun at home - every week when I teach my one class at the gym, my mom watches my son at the Science Center - this week there was a Train Ride outside - how cool!


And of course - it wouldn't be a summer week without Boot Camp.   The older Ben gets, the more full my heart is hearing him talk about how we teach class together. I'm not only fit for me, but I'm showing him that fitness is fun.


It's funny, you have seen a lot of these 'morning mug shots' over the years - I was thinking today about how I used to be a gym rat.  Literally would spend 3 HOURS a day in the gym.   Now I do my 30-40 minute workout at home, get better results and actually really just LOVE it.  At the gym I always felt isolated, even though there was tons of people.  At home, I feel surrounded by people (thanks to social media) but I get to be totally care free and move without fear of judgement.



Food news!!!!   There is now a brand new cooking channel available - it's AMAZING.  Most people I coach worry about food prep, what to make, how to organize foods for the week.  This channel is truly amazing.  If you want more info shoot me an email (FitandBalancedMom@gmail.com)



I love Time Hop for progress photos..but it also reminds me of fun foods - like this amazing one from a year ago! I made it again this week and wow it was so good.


Here is what I brought up the mountain for my hike...so satisfying!


And then on the top of the mountain I had their chili (best I've ever had..and vegetarian!).


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment