My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Just Keep Swimming!

Weekly Update:  Just keep swimming.  That will be my new motto. I'm sort of in wishy washy land for some reason the past few weeks.   My mood is a TON better, but I've been feeling sort of lethargic and just 'off' - not sure why but it's making me feel apathetic to my journey.  What's nuts to me is that it's taken almost 2 years to have a patch like this - and I KNOW that pushing through it is key.  I made the decision to try to keep the balance of foods but up my portions a little bit this past week and I think it's helping and the scale seems to be staying pretty much the same which is nice - I'm actually really excited to be down 1.1lbs this week despite the extra eating for a current total of 75lbs!!

So as always, I like to start with a reminder of how far I have come.  Does't matter where you are, we all have Day 1's.   You can see it in my face, I look like I'm about to cry - I wore all black, trying to hide my body. I was certainly in denial, but either way I STARTED.  The key to any level of success is starting. 


I'd like to say my big WHY was originally this little guy, and it surely was a PART of my WHY.  But the biggest why for me was something silly. I was sitting in the Lake in NH where I have waterskiied since I was 7 years old, no matter my size or physical strength.   

The first thing I asked my doctor when I was pregnant "but I can still ski, right?" - of course she said no!  

Sitting in that water at 240 pounds trying to ski, I failed and failed and failed.  I cried, I screamed and I decided enough was enough.

I wanted to LIVE.  And that didn't mean breath. That meant live and enjoy my life.

My first goal was to be able to water ski again, and at 220 pounds, I accomplished it.  What's funny is I was still 20 pounds heavier than any prior  "heaviest", but that feeling of being able to SKI gave me so much joy, and enough power to move on to hit more goals.   

As I progressed on my journey, I realized my WHY was much deeper. My WHY became this little guy - the reason I push forward now on a daily basis.  To show him that I value my life and my health and to be able to  play and run with him instead of being tired all the time.




This photo means so much to me, you may not have noticed it, but on my shirt is a logo of an adult with a child - this is my logo for my Mommy & Me teaching business.  Why this makes me smile is whenever my son sees this logo on my car, a shirt, a bag - he points and says: That's Mommy and Ben teaching class!!




In addition to being able to live my life again, I've discovered so  many other opportunities since becoming a coach.  I've discovered the GOOD in people.   I've discovered community.   Here I am at an event where 1,000 individuals of all sizes and abilities came to workout and listen to an extremely motivating speaker, Shaun T.  You may not know much about him, but beyond his workouts he is insanely good at speaking and motivating.   I'd say the best part of this event was the ability to hear his words of wisdom.


The photo above and below are just a sampling of the mom's on my coaching team. I  am proud to say that we have all undergone significant mental and physical transformations while also helping others along the way.   


This is another mom, but one that I've known since the day I was born.   This photo means a LOT to me.  This particular friend was the epitome of 'skinny fat' for years - she refused to workout, said she was weak and just never made time for it.  I was able to convince her to try the 21 Day program, with me as her coach and now she told me she can't go more than a few days without working out because it makes her FEEL so good!

So why does this photo mean so much?   Her family slept over (with their 2 year old son) this weekend, and Saturday night she asked 'ok, Kimmy, so what time are we working out in the morning?' When I said 5:15am she didn't even flinch!  



And here are our little guys enjoying some grilled corn!




And one of my all time favorites - butternut squash pizza crust loaded with veggies (an invention I made a few months back during a cauliflower shortage).





If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment