My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Friday, September 11, 2015

Party City

Weekly Update:  Up 3lbs even for a current total of 72lbs. Well this week was hard, really hard. I had some stress (good stress), of planning a surprise party for my husband and then my son's 2 year old birthday the following day. That on top of it being a 3 day weekend, I completely let myself loose. I'm not going to even pretend I tried, because I didn't try with my food at all. THERE! I said it.  It's out.  I am moving on.

I did continue with my workouts, and I do continue to get stronger, but my food was just a total mess.  The good news is I FELT it. I felt lethargic all weekend, and not in a good way. It's proof that it really does affect you pretty quickly after making some poor choices.

That being said, I'm still very proud of where I am, and where I'm going.  The good news of having my anniversary, husband's birthday and son's birthday all in the same week is that it's OVER!  Not that I don't like the sentiment, but I could do with out the treats.


I chose the above  photo, to remind myself that last year's 'birthday' season was hard too, but in between I continued to push through and lost 55 pounds - I'd say a few rough days are OK in the grand scheme of things.   Moving right along.

This necklace 'fell' into my hands this past week, I have made this my personal motto.   I am not a big jewelry person these days, but for this saying, I plan to wear this necklace often as a reminder of my strength and confidence.


I put this particular collage together this week, given what I said about having a 'rough' weekend but then moving on from it, this photo is a big reminder of how huge of a step that is for me.   This is all the same date in history - my wedding day I was 140 pounds, I was very conscious of my weight, and not very happy at the time with my weight (after all,it wasn't my 'ideal' weight), I took that frustration to go crazy on my wedding day and honeymoon and pack on another 20 pounds as a result.

The year after my wedding, I got rid of a lot of it, until I was pregnant and all my 'dieting' rules went out the window, since I never really knew how to eat, I just sort of stopped caring about what I ate and stopped restricting calories.  The top right is the day my son was born, I was so happy, but also had gained 85 pounds total during the pregnancy.   Bottom left, is 2 months into the 21 Day Fix, I am at the same weight there that I was the day I gave birth - it took 8 months post partum to gain more weight and then 2 months after that to start to get it off.  I was SO proud in the bottom left to have lost 20 pounds.   Then the bottom right - well that's today. I'm heavier than my wedding day by a good deal, but I don't hate myself anymore.  And I don't let food rule my days.  I am HAPPY.



Even though it was a hard week, I am still seeing changes in my body from the Body Beast program. I am three weeks in, and noticing huge changes in my stomach!!




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


I love this, I found it recently. As the leaves are starting to change and I'm starting to get sad that the year is coming to an end, this quantifies that we really do have time left to make a change.    You can stay the same, you can gain, or you can start to make changes so that come January 1st you are proud to be ringing in the new year.



In food news...I'm not going to post much, because it was pretty rough.  But here was my biggest temptation, Puppy Cupcakes for my son's 2nd birthday party!   I managed to get them all out of my house after this weekend, something I wouldn't have done in the past. A huge victory!



Another thing I'm proud of, I never ever miss my water intake.  This is a reminder that this is a huge ting I do for my health on a daily basis.




This is an oldie but goodie - back on track on Tuesday morning I made banana pancakes - just 2 eggs, one banana and some cinnamon and I'm good to go!



If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/



Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment