My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy, Healthy

Weekly Update:  This week I am up 1.2lbs for a total of 72lbs.  This reflects 2 weeks because last week I was away and unable to do my weekly weigh in.   I went into vacation planning to stay on 'track' but then quickly realized this particular vacation happens once a week and I honestly wanted to enjoy myself. I feel no guilt at all, and I am working to get back at my habits.  And honestly, every morsel I ate I thoroughly enjoyed. I am very happy because in the past, I would have used this as an excuse to avoid reality, not this time! It's not all about numbers, but this is keeping me honest and not spiraling up 30lbs through avoidance (like I have in the past)



I am proud of myself, I didn't miss a single workout and I water-skiied every single day of vacation (except the two that I was away at a hotel for my anniversary).   I was active, and I enjoyed life to the fullest.   THIS is the reason I have been working so hard, so I can do the things I love in life.


Speaking of progress, check out these face photos.  The one on the left was Fourth of July week last year vs. Fourth of July week this year on vacation.  It always amazes me to look at photos like this and realize just how far I've come in such a short period of time.  


Something fun, we stayed in a hotel room for our anniversary this past week and it happened to be the EXACT room the put us up in last year (at the hotel we got married at).    You can tell from the wall paper!    I remember taking the first photo on the left seeing other people's 'before' photos and thinking I should take my own. I was pretty discouraged when I took this, and refused to even include my face.   But now having it as a comparison point makes me so happy!


This vacation marked so many fun changes from last year, water skiing, paddle boarding, swimming.   I felt so free.    Here I am playing Pilates on the paddle board, it wasn't easy but I was determined to be able to balance in each of the three plank positions!


So this one is sort of random, but I wanted to share this as well. I was talking to a fellow coach about proper squat form and took these two photos on the Fourth of July amidst dinner by the grill.  Can you see the difference?  The one on the left is incorrect form, my knees are way over my toes, the one on the right is proper (and safe) form with my knees just above my ankles!


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



In food news!

I love how these seemingly small containers really do fill a BIG bowl. When you eat the right things, you can eat so much more.  This is my giant pasta bowl filled to the brim with tofu, veggies and a little cheese.


Here is a hodge podge mixture of veggies from my CSA - pretty much whatever was in the bag I sauteed, I love trying new veggies!


We got home from vacation to find our herb garden had gone haywire.  So much!!!  But that's not a bad thing, what I don't eat or dehydrate I ask around until I can find homes for all the abundance of herbs.  It always amazes me how expensive herbs are in the grocery store when they literally grow like weeds in the garden!


Getting back from vacation, I realized what I had been missing the few weeks leading up to vacation were my prepping.  I took a deep breath, looked at what we had and created a few things that literally make my mouth water.   This is zucchini casserole and cauliflower crust pizza.  Not shown are the quinoa stuffed peppers that I made. I have enough food to last me through the weekend and it's all amazing!



More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment