My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Rise & Shine

Weekly Update:  This week I'm up 0.2lbs for a total of 71.8.   I consider this a huge win.  Coming off of vacation, my food has been significantly better but not 'great'.  To me, that 0.2lbs is a maintain, and I'm more than OK with it.   The rest of this week I'll be spending at a coaching convention for health and fitness in Nashville, TN and I'm more than positive that I'll be making some great choices while there.

I titled this particular blog post 'rise and shine' because that seems to be the theme of the week!  Here is a fun shot of me this morning, on the left was me trying to convince myself to get out of bed.  As you can see, I REALLY didn't want to.  On the right, is me just 30 minutes later.   Sooo much happier.  Had I stayed in bed those 30 minutes instead, I would have STILL felt groggy and gross, but instead I turned my morning around and got started off with a smile.


When I say rise & shine was the theme of this week, I mean it.   I spent half of the week with a workout buddy at 7am every morning.  It brought me back to my college days when I used to meet a friend of mine at the college gym for 'Boot Camp' classes at 5:30am.    I never thought I'd get to have a workout buddy again as a mom, but when you only live a few miles a way, why not!?   We now have a standing 'date' one a day a week to workout together at 7am on Mondays - the plan is that it will set the tone for a really strong and healthy week!


I mentioned I'll be headed to Nashville for the rest of the week. I  couldn't be more excited!  The last time I was in Nashville it was actually at the peak of my fitness. I went down to run a half marathon with a friend of mine, who at the time I actually didn't know at all!  She was my fitness instructor at the gym and had posted on Facebook that she wanted to run a race. Sometimes I amaze myself, and I responded to her message (not really knowing her at all), and the rest is history - we became extremely close from that day forward!

This time, I'll be heading down for a Team Beachbody Coaching event.  I get to go and learn and workout with coaches from around North America and just soak up the happiness for four days straight.  It's a little weird, this will be the first stretch (for more than 2 days) without my 2 year old son.  That being said, I'm excited to get to wear fun jewelry without having to fear it will get torn off!


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

I like to share progress photos every week, this is a reminder of how far I have come, and it's also for anyone reading this blog to let you know that now matter how far you think you have, it IS attainable.   I am not perfect, and some weeks or months I struggle.  But then I look at my photos and realize, that even with the struggle, I have and will continue to be successful.   I believe in you, and I believe that you can too.

In the middle of last week, I started to just have a really 'happy' day - no particular reason, I just felt happy.  Ever have one of those?  Well here it is, big smile and quote of how I was feeling.  I am a butterfly! I change, I try to go with the punches, and I always try to find something positive out of every situation and every day.   


Ok, I said I didn't know why I was happy?  Well this could be a small part of it! I literally had finished my last serving of Shakeology the day before.   For those of you who follow me, or know me well, you know that my Shakeology is VERY important to me.  I love the way it tastes, but more than that I love how good it makes me feel.  I also love knowing that it makes me feel that great because of all of the quality ingredients and nutrients that are in it.  When I saw this green box on my doorstep, I literally jumped up and down.



On to food news.   I talk a lot about how much I love my water.  LOVE it.  It's so important, and the more you drink, the more you realize that it does have in impact on things like headaches, hunger, digestion, energy, mental clarity...and so much more.  A friend shared this photo with me and I absolutely loved it.



Ok, so fast forward from my 'happy' day.    This is proof (well, I guess the very first photo in this entry was proof), but so is this - that sometimes I DO drag. I'm not, and never will be 'perfect'. I try to be happy and positive, but that doesn't mean sometimes I don't get anxious, or sleepy, or want to just take a nap in the middle of the day.  Here I am mid-day trying to just push through the day.  I grabbed a coffee and kept pushing through.  Needless to say, it was a pretty long day!


This time of year is one of my favorites because of all the amazing foods that are literally at the tip of your fingertips. I feel so grateful to be able to live in a part of the world where I have access to fresh grown produce.  I went blueberry picking with my 2 year old in the middle of the week and we brought home 5 pounds of amazingness.



Then I came home, and picked all these lovely greens from my herb garden!  It amazes me how expensive herbs are (fresh or dried) in the grocery store.  The things literally grow like weeds! I can't seem to use them fast enough, but I keep growing them and sharing them with friends, family and anyone in the area who can benefit!  Below: Sage, Tarragon, Oregano, Chives, Mint, Basil.


This photo is pretty basic, but I don't think I've shared a 'dinner' photo like this in a while.   Eggs are my go-to food when I'm strapped for time, or energy.   I always have eggs, baby spinach and cheese on hand for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner that's packed full of nutrients and keeps me satisfied!



More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/



Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment