My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Year in Review

Weekly Update:  I was unable to do my 'standard' weigh in this week (I messed up some logistics, and I'm picky about the scale being consistent).  I would guess I stayed about the same, I am on vacation and have upped my food intake a little (planned) so that I can enjoy myself without going totally overboard.  That being said, I have a lot to say about the week and YEAR!   

This week I am on vacation with my family, it was exactly a year ago this week that I decided to become a Health & Fitness coach and tackle my own Health & Fitness at the same time.  I think doing them together has made me a better coach, and a stronger individual.

Last summer, for those who were with me since the 'beginning' you may recall that my breaking point was trying to waterski and being unable to get up. I had many mini-breaking points, but this was what made me realize how far I had let my health slip.  

This photo below was taken this week - here I am, doing what I love to do more than anything in the world (except maybe hiking).  I got up with out a care int he world, and skied for 15 minutes or so soaking up every minute of happiness.


A year ago I was frustrated with myself, I was sad, I was mad, I was a lot of emotions.  But then I committed to making a change one day at a time. I truly designed the life I am living today, and I have to say, I am loving every second of this life.


This is a fun progress photo I dug up the other day.  This is January to June progress.  It's about 30lbs worth of change, and it's my "launch" class teaching Mommy & Me fitness classes vs. my 5K this summer with my Couch to 5K Mommy group.  I often show beginning vs. now photos, but I think it's important to see some of the 'middle' vs. now progress as well.


That being said, here is a nice 'beginning' vs. now photo.   Even though I am hovering around the same weight these past few weeks, I still can't deny how very far I have come.  And I can't help but smile in pride.


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

Here is another set of 'middle' vs. now photos from my latest program. I committed to an 8 week "PiYo" challenge.  This program definitely was a change for me.   I actually tried to commit to it in the Fall, but dropped off after a month, this time I saw the whole program through and feel so much stronger.   What I love is that my weight really didn't change (4lbs), but my body totally changed.   Notice how my hips have pulled in, and my stomach has pulled 'up'.



The beginning of this week we moved our way up North for vacation, and I made sure to bring my workouts with me.  One thing I never miss is a workout, I crave them (and in a good way).  Here I am doing my last PiYo workout of the program while my 2 year old plays beside me.  He's watching my every move, and I love it.


I love this photo of my family.  This particular dress makes me feel like a million bucks.  Ever have an outfit like that?  I just love how happy and relaxed I look in this photo!


This one too, this is me in my happy place with my WHY on my lap (my son) and my other WHY behind me (the lake where I have skied since I was a child).


Food news!  I don't have many photos this week, but I am LOVING this recipe so I figured I'd share it.  I use my "spiralizer" to make noodles out of veggies, then mix in whatever I have in the house.  I've been topping it with fresh kale pesto (kale, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon & garlic).  So good!




More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment