My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy 2016!!

Weekly Update:  This week I am down 2.6lbs for a NEW total of 81.4lbs!!  I started 2016 with quite the stomach bug, but it won't hold me down! I listened to my body, adjusted my workouts and rest days and took it a little easier on myself so I could fully recover.


I wanted to start with this 'real' post today - so here's the thing.  These photos were taken THREE DAYS apart. Seriously.  The one on the bottom I actually weighed a little less.  The difference?  My positioning.  I wanted to share because often we 'see' photos of people or people in certain outfits and assume things - we get down on ourselves.  The top photo, I don't look perfect, but I look much more solid than the bottom photo - but both are me, I am just sitting in the bottom one.

I am super proud of my strength, my tone and my definition - but I found it very important to show you, just because you 'see' one perspective, doesn't mean someone doesn't have rolls!


This week was off the norm - first of all we went to my parent's house in NH, I found out my dad has had a full set of weights up to 40 pounds laying in their garage for like 10 years!  So first of all I'm cracking up that I drove around CT bargaining and grabbing weights of all sizes from various tag sales to get the set I have at home, but that's OK because it was great! I was able to do my Hammer and Chisel workout at their house and had everything I needed!


Speaking of Hammer and Chisel, I'm super pumped about my month one results!! I stuck to the nutrition all but 3 days so far, and even those three days wasn't totally terrible (Christmas, New Years, a football game I went to).  I see the biggest change in my legs which is sooo worth all the squats and lunges! 



This week wasn't all fun and games though, we had some sickness (stomach bug) floating around the house for the week - starting with our 2 year old.  The plus side is we got in TONS of snuggles! He's so active, snuggles are usually hard to come by.


I wanted to take some time today to highlight a friend of mine, and someone I have been coaching the last 11 months.  Pamela is a true inspiration.  She had every reason in the world not to start, but she decided to anyway.   In 11 months she has regained her life - and the ability to hike again, something she used to love to do but was becoming harder and harder.    She has lost over 50 pounds and is unstoppable!  



Here's another great transformation photo - I'm really excited about this one.  My arms are something I REALLY struggle with - I've gotten better about accepting them, but I still have my days when it comes to the reality that they won't ever be super firm.  The top photo is one I took this summer, the bottom one I took this weekend after my first month of Hammer & Chisel - I see biceps!!


It wouldn't be a good blog post without a sweaty selfie!! Workouts were a little slower due to being sick, but I gave it what I could when I could!


Food news...I seriously can not get enough of this amazing butternut squash pizza crust.   


I said one of the days I was 'off' was at a football game - we got tickets to go with my parents to a game at Giant's Stadium - and they were ones that came with an all you can eat buffet for the entire game - talk about challenging!  Not many vegetarian protein options (well really, none.). I knew this was going to be a challenge so I packed my Shakeology for the drive up and some snacks, then I loaded up on veggies as soon as I got there. 


I knew the one thing I really really wanted was going to be a soft pretzel.  I made sure I didn't over stuff myself so that I could really ENJOY the soft pretzels!  And the best part is my mom and husband were willing to let me eat the centers of theirs so I actually had a full pretzel but in the form of the 'center' which is my FAVORITE part!




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment