My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, December 7, 2015

New Beginnings

Weekly Update: This week I gave my nutrition a little bit of a 'break' knowing that at the end of the week I planned to start Hammer and Chisel, my newest program and do the nutrition 100% (with the exception of Christmas).    This was intentional, so I expected a bit of a gain.  So that being said I have made the choice to not look at my weight this week.



I love to start these blogs with year over year, or progress photos.   I look back at the last 15 months and it's interesting to me, that in the last year I have lost 35 pounds, but in the first 6 months I lost 40.   goes to show you that weight really isn't everything and it's ok if it takes a while to come off.

I don't have photos from my back from the very before ones - but I did take this one last December, and compared to this December, I'm extremely proud of how my back has changed!


I wanted to share this photo here - this group of moms means the world to me.  I didn't know them before I had my son, they actually met me at the most challenging time in my life. I was so happy to be a mom, but I was struggling so much as well, and my stress for my son let me forget about myself.  These moms, women I just met 2 years ago have been the most influential people in my life so far.   We are all so extremely different, and would have never crossed paths had it not been for that one common thread - we all met in nursing group where we all were struggling with various things.  

These moms are the ones that encouraged me to follow my dreams.  They have supported me through my weight loss, never judging me before I lost the weight, and having confidence in me before I had the confidence in myself.


Next up - here are some fitness photos from the week!   I have two type of fitness I do many days - I have my ME time, at 5:30am.  This isn't always easy, but I'm always happy at the end of it.   I have a private group of sillies who all take morning photos and encourage each other at 3, 4, 5am to get up and get moving.  While I'm technically alone in my basement, I never really feel alone.


Here's a slightly less groggy fitness photo - as I mentioned, I am moving on to a new program, the company's newest one, Hammer & Chisel. This is not a program for the faint of heart, but after 15 months of dedication to my own health and fitness I feel ready to tackle this program. I spent the beginning of the week printing out worksheets and reading through materials so I would be ready to start!


So the 'second' part of my daily fitness is traveling all around the state helping other moms make time for themselves.  Here I am teaching a group of local moms core Pilates work using the stability ball.  These classes make me so happy!


Food news!  In preparation of starting the new program, I wanted to make sure I had foods ready to go for the week. I made this awesome butternut squash casserole with quinoa and tempeh - it made 10 servings!!


Grilled Asparagus


Cut up peppers


Easy quinoa salad!



Zoodles!!



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment