My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

7 Days of Happiness!

Weekly Update: Struggling big time with food this week and it took me about 3 days to figure out why.  This is the week that I lost the last baby - 12 weeks.    Subconsciously, it's been eating away at me.    I am working hard to get myself back on track and one thing I did this week was participate in a 7 day "gratitude challenge" that I set for myself finding things each morning to be grateful for (shared below).

I also was fortunate enough to have a spa day to start this week - complete with a 'float' - you float in highly concentrated epsom salt water which is supposed to help with stress and anxiety and overall health.    For my first time I think I did well, but I want to try to check it out again now that I know what to expect!




The focus of this blog will be my 7 days of happiness.  Day 1 was my little guy - we took him away for a mini-mid-week vacation to Great Wolf Lodge which is basically an indoor waterpark/arcade - we had a blast! I'm so grateful that we had the resources to do this and the ability to take some time off to go in the middle of the week.  It was a great distraction for me.


I am also beyond grateful for the women's community I have created (Private Women's Group).   I didn't share the last pregnancy until my loss, but this time around I have been sharing it and it's been so great to feel joy as well as share my fears.    This group of women also keep me going and doing my workouts - even though I am 'alone' when I do them, I never once have felt truly alone.


Day 3, I chose "me" time - before my workouts I have gotten into the habit of reading 5-10 minutes a day.  Not just any reading, but reading that grows me as an individual - it wasn't until recently that I learned about how  many amazing 'personal development' books existed, and they truly have changed my outlook on things!



Day 4: My OBGYN practice.   These two doctor's in particular have been amazing.  I switched mid pregnancy with my son and am forever happy that I did.  They helped me through a complicated pregnancy (and post pregnancy with my son), my miscarriage and now have bee nothing short of amazing during my current pregnancy.


Day 5: This one hit me as I was hydrating before my morning workout.   I focus so much on water - but I am grateful that I have the opportunity and ability to drink as much clean water as I want - a privilege that I don't want to overlook.


Day 6: Technology!!   While I have access to a gym on vacation visiting my family in NH, I don't need one these days - my iPad lets me take my current program with me and I don't even need to leave the house!


Day 7: My mom!   This woman has sacrificed so much for me.  It wasn't until becoming a mom that I realized just how much.  And she has continued to show me what being a mom is really about.   I am so fortunate to have her.


Just a few food news photos today starting with a Thanksgiving favorite - butternut squash soup! Soo good and easy.



And another favorite - 'mason jar eggs' - travel doesn't have to mean eating out!!!  During our mini vacation I was able to make eggs in a mason jar with the fridge!




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment