My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Special Edition: Ultimate Reset

This blog post is a special edition where I have shared each day of the Ultimate Reset and how I felt. Click on each title to see a YouTube video of me on that particular day!

I'm happy to help you with your journey, please contact me via FitandBalancedMom@gmail.com or create a free account under me to connect: teambeachbody.com/chapmaki (select Join --> Free Account).


Food Prep & Program Review

This entry is about my food prep and reading through the materials in advance.  I also created a grocery list by category to make navigating Whole Foods a little easier!

Week 1: Grocery Shopping

This was taken in the parking lot after tackling my first grocery store trip for Week 1. I opted to get all of Week 1's ingredients at the same time.  My thought is a lot of the oils and amino acids and herbs will be used over the 21 Days so next week's trip will be a lot easier.

Week 1: The Night Before

This is taken the night before Day 1.  Excited and scared!

Week 1: Day 1

I'll be posting photos of my food for each day - I have to say, the food prep stressed me out but the actual food was amazing and super filling.  And the prep itself wasn't hard, just coordinating in my head what I needed and how long it would take to make.





Day 2 and still going strong.  The food is unbelievable. I had some time today to do some prep for later in the week as a few meals I'll need to take 'on the go' for full days out of the house.   I feel better knowing the food is prepped.   I haven't felt hungry at all which is saying something!  Slight headache today and back pain (but I'm not 100% sure that's related).



The food today was amazing again! I was really excited about breakfast because I love eggs, more than anything and the pine nuts in the spinach/kale makes it taste really good.   I was most skeptical about the nori rolls for dinner because the seaweed in the Miso soup is really getting to me, but they were good! I'm excited for them again tomorrow for lunch.   I made two sets yesterday in anticipation which means less work tomorrow!  No side effects today, feeling like it's a ton of food and not at all challenging so far.






Week 1: Day 4
Today's food was still amazing! I had to cut open and shred my first coconut for breakfast which was fun.   I couldn't finish the whole salad, but saved it for my snack for tomorrow.  The Nori rolls were still amazing as was dinner!  Still feeling good - no aches or pains.






Week 1: Day 5

Feeling a little hungrier today, but that being said I didn't finish my hummus and veggies at lunch so that could be part of it. I definitely noticed the portions getting smaller - so it could be a mind game too!   Regardless, the food has been amazing!





Feeling amazing still. A little tired mid-day but I was up later than usual last night so that could be part of it. I woke up a little hungry, but of course the food was more than enough. I LOVED the root mixture (added rosemary) and the soup was great, I had it cold.



As you can see from the photo, the food is getting a little less as Week 1 tapers down.  That being said, I wasn't hungry at all and loved my food! I  actually got pretty full at lunch with the micro green salad and zucchini cashew soup.   Dinner was great, it's the third time for the baked tempeh so I knew I'd like it.  Tomorrow starts Week 2- the food is all prepped!


Week 2: Day 8
Spent the day in Boston for Mother's Day and loved every minute of it! I requested a 'picnic lunch' so I could bring my Reset foods and it was a success.  I was a little emotional in the morning but got over it quickly and enjoyed my day and my food.




The food continues to be amazing and I'm not feeling hungry at all despite the 'dwindling' portions.  Today I'm actually extremely tired, it's not terrible but I haven't felt this tired in such a long time and I don't like it!





One word: TIRED.   That pretty much sums up how I feel today. I never do this, but I was so tired I took a 45 minute nap.   I don't feel sick and other than feeling a little hungry before dinner (I didn't finish my lunch, so I had the leftovers as a snack when I got hungry), but the fatigue is a little hard since I rarely feel this tired.  I do have a few changes going on with my 20 month old son, so I think part of the fatigue is a result of that. Perfect timing for Week 2: RELEASE Phase!



Here it is, Day 11!  I'm halfway through, I can't believe how fast the time is flying by.  I feel better today - a little tired still, but really not even worth mentioning.    The food still continues to be more than enough - and I actually wasn't able to eat all of my food today because it was just too much!   I had the Coconut Squash Soup for lunch (a little off with my day 11 foods because I had to switch around a few foods for travel later in the week).  I have to say this soup was not nearly as good as I was expecting - nothing in comparison to the Pepper Sweet Potato Bisque!


Week 2: Day 12
Here's my food! I'm still a little tired, but nothing crazy.  I have two days left of Phase 2 and can't wait to get some protein back into my system!  I had a wonderful compliment today that it looked like I'd "suddenly dropped a significant amount of weight". This is from a good friend who sees me weekly. I have lost 1.2 in the past 2 weeks on the Reset (70lbs total in the past 10 months), so this compliment told me that the Reset really is changing my body!



Day 13, I can't get over how fast the time has flown! I loved my breakfast and got creative with it.  The tahini stuffed squash I was really looking forward to, and it was good but not nearly as good as some of the other foods.  I am also amazed that after nearly two weeks I'm not sick of the micro green salad, I actually LOVE it.  Energy levels are back up too which is great.


Today was a bit of a challenge with food, I got up at 10 (not typical) so my food/supplement timing was all off and I had a wedding. I brought my edamame salad (which was AMAZING) with me for lunch, but then got all messed up with when I could eat things. As a result I had to make the best choices possible at a wedding I went to (sorry for the lack of photos). I am feeling good about myself and feeling a lot less tired!



Today Starts the first day of Phase 3: Restore.  A new set of supplements and a new phase of food. I have thoroughly enjoyed the food in Phases 1 and 2, and the variety of recipes.  However, for this phase due to a complex schedule for the final week, I decided to do the Reset in a Crunch plan - which gives you a few options for each meal (pick A, B or C for recipes basically). This works well for me since I was able to make a large batch of foods and grab and go easily for the week.  As a result the photos may all look similar!


Feeling great today! A little bummed that I ate the same food as yesterday, and I think it's because I've been getting so used to all the variety!  The preparation was really easy since I did it all in a large batch this weekend, but I miss all those yummy variety of recipes.   The microgreen salad with 1/8 of an avocado and 1/2 a sweet potato is pretty amazing though.   I feel great today - no sleepiness!



Feeling great! I realized today my 'digestion' has slowed down a bit (it ramped up Week 2 I think as a result of the "Detox" drink).   My energy is still strong, and I feel great.   I'm really curious now more than ever how I'll feel at the end of it since I'm getting so close to day 21.  I can't get over how FAST it flew by.  On a side note, I had to do the 'Reset in a Crunch' based on my travel schedule this week, but if you don't have to do it, I wouldn't recommend it.  I really miss all the great variety of meals from the first 2 weeks.



Today's food!  I didn't end up having the Miso Soup for dinner tonight, but instead upped the zucchini soup a little.   I'm really going to miss the micro green salad, especially with the sweet potato and avocado in it, it is truly amazing.



Feeling so great today and I think it's because I've gotten a handful of compliments specifically today for some reason!  My weight loss has been pretty consistent with the past 10 months (I've lost 5lbs in these 19 days), but people are commenting left and right on how good I look and I have to imagine it's more than just 5lbs worth of  change - it's the full body effect from the Reset.    I also have to say one of my favorite foods from today was putting the baked tempeh IN the zucchini soup (and heating up the soup - I had been eating it cold).


Today was an amazing day for me, while not totally Reset related, I'm sure it has had a part of it.  I went shopping today to get some new bathing suits and clothes and for the first time in the longest time everything I tried on fit. I got extremely emotional realizing just how far I've come in the past year.   The Reset is just a part of my 75lb weight loss, but it really is making me realize just how much I've changed in the last 10 months.  My food was amazing today, as always and I have absolutely no 'symptoms' except immense gratitude!


Final day!  Feels like the past 21 Days literally flew by.   I can't say I had any crazy emotions or detox symptoms, but I do feel great and I'm proud of myself for sticking with the program.  The food has been phenomenal and I can't wait to use some of the recipes in my regular eating (I follow the 21 Day Fix plan 80% of the time).   I would strongly recommend the Ultimate Reset and plan to do it again at some point!


And here are my results...

While this isn't about weight loss, I feel like that's a question that comes up a lot so I will share my weight and measurement changes.  Most importantly, I FEEL great and thoroughly enjoyed the food.   I didn't miss cheese at all (this is huge for me), and I never realized how much I could love salad when I put the right things in it.    

Weight Change: -5.8lbs
Chest: -1/2''
Waist: -1''
Hips: -1''
Left Arm: none
Right Arm: none
Left Thigh: none
Right Thigh: none






I'm happy to answer any and all questions!  Shoot me an email at FitandBalancedMom@gmail.com or find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chapmaki . 

No comments:

Post a Comment