My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Back on Course!

Weekly Update:  I am down 3.8lba for a new total of 58lbs!   If you recall, I was up 3.4lbs last week.  This was the biggest 'up' I've had since I started my journey.   I continued to struggle with my food after my gain, and really was able to get 'back on track' this past Monday.    I decided to take the below photo to remind myself of just how far I've come.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



I notice that when I hit a big milestone or goal I tend to do this to myself, and while what prompted my tailspin wasn't a particular 'goal' it was a milestone that I hit that I wasn't anticipating.  The week before last I dropped below 180, pretty much having blown through the 180s in a month's time.   Self sabotage is the best term I can put towards my eating habits after I hit goals like this.  I'm really working on it, and expressing this as a trend in my habits helps make me accountable.




I love this quote and picked it because it's a reminder, that no matter where you are TODAY, you have a bright future for tomorrow and even better 6 months from now!   Below, is a photo of me from November, and then one from this week (3 month difference).  While it's not 6 month's time, it's a pretty cool comparison of what can happen as time passes.   I decided on a whim to do an online weight loss 'bet' called on a website called dietbet.com.   The photo on the left was literally taken the day the competition started (and the same day I found out about it). I was so excited by this photo because when I compared it to the photos from the summer I saw such great results.    3 months in, the photo on the right is me during one of my weekly weigh ins - and looking at my log of weights there is a 22lb difference between the two photos.   

Time will pass anyway, so what are you going to make of your time?!


Now this photo, is just funny and was sent to me by a client I am coaching.  I'm really big on 'non scale victories' as those are the ones that keep us up when our weight is discouraging, or we aren't progressing as 'quickly' as we'd like.    This particular individual sent this with a text message telling me her first 'non scale victory' goal is to be able to do a side plank and not feel like the walrus.  How great is that?  I can totally relate, as a fitness instructor I would say about 50% of people feel like a walrus during a side plank - so this was a fantastic non scale victory for her to choose and I love how it's not at all weight related.




And of course, I love to share food news. This is one of my new favorite snacks - butternut squash soup with brussel sprouts!  Can't get enough of it (and either can my son!)




Here is one of my all time favorite meals!

Cauliflower crust: 
🔹1 head of cauliflower shredded
🔹Microwave until tender
🔹Let cool
🔹Squeeze out all the liquid (this is important)
🔹Mix in 2 eggs
🔹Spread on a baking pan (spray the pan first)
🔹cook at 425 until brown, flip and brown other side (about 10 min)
🔹 Top and then bake until toppings look cooked!!




More about me or to order any products:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment