My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Seeing & Feeling Changes

Weekly Update:  This week I was feeling really really good, and I'm excited to announce I am down 3.8lbs for a total of 57.6lbs since July!  

One of the key things I liked about this week was feeling prepared.   I know having to 'prepare' is one of the biggest complaints I get from people, but honestly it's the best piece of advice I have to share.  When you are prepared it takes the guess work out of your eating.  It doesn't mean you don't have choices, but what it does mean is that you have GOOD choices and you don't have to worry about getting so hungry that you would eat your own hand.  I'll talk more about being prepared and what I did this weekend later on in the post.   

As always, as you're reading my blog if you have any interest in the programs I've followed, please email me or comment.  There are links at the bottom of every post!

I'm just over halfway through my weight loss journey, and I saw this quote this week. It's so fitting to my journey. I didn't 'wake up' but I had a wake up moment while trying to waterski and realizing ignoring my weight and health (and making excuses) had finally started to inhibit my life in ways I wasn't willing to put up with.   I decided to make a change. You are never too old, to overweight, too unfit or too busy to start.  I had a young baby, but that was an excuse and my health was going to get in the way of my ability to be the best mom I could be.  

I've taken this journey one day at a time and loved every step of the way.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



This is another great quote.  When I started I couldn't really move at all, the workouts where HARD.  I had to modify. I struggled.  But I did it every day.  Even on the days I didn't want to, and eventually those workouts got easier.  I also committed to a 21 Day Food plan (I could do anything for 21 Days, right?).  And you no what? I lost 11pounds and started to really believe I could do it.


This week I'm really feeling and noticing changes.  The last time this happened was over the holidays, so I decided to go back and take a look at some photos.  The photo on the left here was taken Christmas Eve. I felt AMAZING.  This was one of the first 'pre-weight gain/pre-baby' shirts I could fit into. I felt great.  Well, having that same feeling of greatness this week, I snapped another photo (while drying my hair, so excuse the face!).  Again, wearing a shirt from pre-baby.  And I see huge differences.  This is only 2 months apart.   I'm very excited to take my 'formal' photos from these two months as the biggest change was incorporating the Insanity Max 30 workouts into my days (I still follow the 21 Day eating plan - see my links below for more details).   


Here I am almost done with Month 2 of the Insanity program.   I feel so amazing to have completed a full 60 day program.  




We go on a vacation next month to an all inclusive resort. I decided to start trying on some bathing suits the other day to see if I was going to need to go shopping. Much to my surprise a few fit!  So again, in my excitement I snapped a photo.   This is a 54lb difference as well as lots of exercise and good eating which is helping me tone and strengthen.   Aside from how my looks have changed, I feel amazing.

In food news...

Here is a sample of my dinner on the 21 Day Fix Extreme. I have 'graduated' from the regular 21 Day Fix and started the "Extreme" version which is a tighter eating plan and harder workouts. I love how it keeps me on my toes with eating!   A grilled sprouted grain english muffin, cheddar and spinach omelet and some celery with almond butter.  So good and so satisfying.



This week we also got the whole family on board to do the 3 Day Cleanse.   Here is my cart full of food for the week.  I love this cleanse because it enables me to drink my Shakeology and eat some really tasty meals plus I feel great!  We had a group of about 40 doing it together which made it that much more fun.   



I packaged up lunches for my husband for work, three days worth of healthy foods all portioned out!  You can see my mom in the background helping chop and prepare for the week.  We made Saturday night 'prep' night which was a fun family activity.


And then we started the cleanse!  I was 'on' my mom to drink her water, my tip was to drink four of these shakers in a day - using rubber bands to know how many she had. You move a band down for every one you finish.  It worked, and she listened! Win, win.


I brought my secret weapon to the store again later in the week.  My yummy chocolate Shakeology. I can't imagine life without it! I hate to food shop hungry, so I sipped on this while I picked up some things for later in the week.



Here are a few of my favorite cleanse foods.   

Red Pepper & Hummus



Mixed Berry Salad


This one was for my husband - chicken with cumin in lettuce wraps




Cucumber Dill Salad with Lemon Vinegar Dressing


Herbal Tea


And of course, prepping wouldn't  be the same without my homemade veggie sauce!  



We are following two plans in the house - the Fix Extreme (me) and the Original Fix (my mom and husband).   I took recipes from both books and made foods that would work for everyone.  Being a vegetarian, I am used to making a few 'versions' of meals.

While I don't eat meat, this one looked amazing.  It's a meatloaf recipe that uses salsa in it - genius!


And of course my standard pasta bake.   So good and so easy! I always have a batch of this and my Butternut Squash soup on hand.



Another easy staple to have available for when I get hungry is this veggie and quinoa salad.


Here was another recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme book - beef stew.  My husband made it and it smelled so amazing (again, as a vegetarian this is saying something!)




More about me or to order any products:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment