My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Vacation! Success!



Weekly Update:  Well this week is a little tricky to 'quantify' because I am on vacation - my 'normal' scale' and 'normal weigh day' are a little off.  But the good news is there is a scale in my hotel room - that was a really exciting surprise!   I also did a few key things (explained below) to hold myself accountable this vacation and make sure I enjoy the PEOPLE and some key foods, but not make it all about food.   From the start of vacation and today on the hotel scale I've officially 'maintained' which was my goal!  

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 




More about me or to order any products I mention in my blog and have me as your Free Coach, Mentor and Top Supporter:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

I saw this post on Instagram earlier in the week and it's really what my journey has been about. I talk about my weight loss, but I also try to talk a lot about 'non-scale' victories which really get at this quote. Our bodies are the only home we have to live in forever - so it's so important to me to take care of mine like it was that of a loved one!




I planned ahead for this vacation if you recall, by bringing my Shakeology and my workouts in my iPad.   Having a plan is really key to success. I have to say, I have made sure every day to find 30 minutes of 'ME' time to get that workout in and as a result I feel great! I am also so grateful I brought my Shakeology, it makes me feel good and also is a great source of protein which is super hard for a vegetarian to get at a resort - in the past I would have resorted to carbs, carbs and more carbs with some veggies.  But thanks to Shakeology and a PLAN, I've been making sure to get my eggs in at breakfast and have my shake for later in the day to keep me satisfied as my dinners don't contain protein here.



This photo was taken from Tuesday's work out - my son was asleep during my scheduled workout time (4:30pm) - he needed a second nap.  My choices were to be creative or skip my workout since he napped until dinner then went to bed for the night.  I chose 'be creative' and moved my workout to the balcony.  Great scenery, a little extra heat which made "Sweat Fest" even sweatier, and a solid sense of accomplishment for not skipping the workout.


Given we are at the beach, I decided to dig through some bathing suit photos and made this collage of the 'progression of my collarbone'.  My weird measurement has always been my collarbone for some reason. Not that I wanted it to protrude, but when I'm at a healthy weight you can see the definition of the bones.  Each of these photos is about 4 months apart.






Another key thing I've done this weekend that I actually didn't decide to do until I got here, was to take a photo of everything I put in my mouth.  I have to say, this has kept me on track as there have been a few times I may have had a bit, lick or taste of something, or a handful here and there of a 'treat' and knowing that I committed to taking photos and posting on my private Facebook page kept me 100% accountable.   The benefit of this is that I've really been enjoying my foods and I haven't felt overstuffed or sick from food a single day (something I typically would have in the past on vacation!)





This one is a fun 'transformation' photo - I ordered eggplant parm and decided to take off the breading and make it a bit healthier!


More about me or to order any products I mention:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment