My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

10 Days to Christmas

Weekly Update:

I'm happy to say after ten days of eating like a mad woman, this Monday I got myself back on track and I feel phenomenal.  The scale showed it too with a 2lb weight loss for 42.2lbs total!

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



This week, my sister sent me this quote and I absolutely love it as it describes where I am at my life right now.   I've been struggling for years - since my freshman year of college - to figure out 'what I wanted to be when I grow up'.   I went to college as an education and math major - thinking I would be a teacher, then I decided I would go into Insurance because going with my personality picking a nice 'predictable' and 'stable' job was a sound solution to my problem of 'what I wanted to be when I grew up.'  

During the end of college, I discovered Weight Watchers and lost 60 pounds after being overweight my entire youth.  Through the program, I was encouraged to get 'active' so I could eat more (who wouldn't want to eat more!?).  I discovered Pilates and Running.  I became hooked on a healthy lifestyle. In those early ears after college I often got frustrated thinking "If only I knew this passion 5 years ago, I would have been a different major".  I researched programs where I could become a nutritionist - they were all too long or too expensive or required too many classes.   

Always taking the safe route - I was afraid to leave my nice comfortable insurance job.   So I decided I would make a compromise with  myself and in 2007 I became certified to teach Pilates.  If I couldn't be a heath & fitness professional full time - then maybe I could get my 'fill' from part time interaction.   For 7 years I taught Pilates, and eventually Boot Camps and even Personal Training. I soaked up any and all knowledge that I could - feeding my passion.  I used that knowledge to help my Pilates students, to better my own health and to share with those around me.   

Fast forward to last year, I was 4 months postpartum and in a total 'rut'.  Up 100lbs, and unable to do simple movements I decided I needed to make a change.  On a whim I purchased T25 (25 minute workouts) while trying to work the Weight Watchers program that had saved my life in the past.   But for some reason, the program wasn't working for me anymore.  As a mom, the Points system didn't seem so easy anymore.   I was approached about a program called the 21 Day Fix - color coded containers to help guide your food choices during the day.  Sounded simple enough, so why did I need to buy it?!   I have to say, for a full month I kept saying no to it, I COULD use Weight Watchers because it had worked in the past.  Problem was: It wasn't working and I was gaining at a terrible rate (20 pounds in less than a year).  

My life changed the day I purchased that program.  Not only did I have this phenomenal tool, but I was also introduced to the concept of "Coaching" through Team Beachbody.  As a coach, I was motivated to start my own fitness page (Fit & Healthy) and start blogging.  Through these exercises I held myself accountable - as a coach I was a role model and I needed  to demonstrate that.  With this accountability I have tasked myself with being more open and honest and raw than ever in the past - and it's WORKED for me!    As a coach, even with 100 pounds to lose, I was able to start to share my knowledge and passion with a group of amazing women.   Some of whom have seen success with  Beachbody products - but others who I have just inspired through posts and conversations to help guide them into healthier lives.  I am so grateful that I found this profession and am excited for what it brings for me in the future!


One of the things I love about this program, is it enables me to workout while I'm at home, but I still feel like I have the support of all my friends, which is what I loved about being at the gym for all those years between college and having my son.  Here is a photo of my little guy snoozing while I fit in a 30 minute workout today.





Through my journey, I set some very specific goals.  One of my goals that I set in July of this year was to be able to teach Pilates again by September.  This was a hefty goal as in July at 100lbs overweight and postpartum, I couldn't even engage my abs (a very upsetting reality after years of teaching Pilates!).  I worked so hard over those 2 months, and come September was approached by some close mommy friends about my willingness to teach them Pilates in an environment where our kids could come with us.  And so "Fit and Balanced Mom" was formed.  Starting in January, I have my official "Launch" with both daytime and nighttime series offered for moms who want to get out and about, but can't or don't want to leave their children with someone else.   This has been such a great roller coaster, and I can't wait to see where the business goes!






This is a photo from this past weekend, me and my "WHY".  My son is my reason for getting healthy and staying healthy.  I want to be here for him, and to be a good role model for him!  




More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment