My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Noticing Progress

Weekly Update:

I went a day early because of the holiday tomorrow (will do the same next week) and I was pleasantly welcomed with a .8lb loss for a total of 43lbs since July!

This week I had a holiday party and I decided to take a stab at my pre-baby wardrobe.  Mainly, some sweaters that were more festive than the maternity clothes I've been wearing for months now.   While the maternity clothes are getting loser, I still haven't tried my regular clothes yet for whatever reason.  Wanting to be in the holiday spirit, I decided to at least see if I could get something to fit.   Much to my surprise, I was able to get an entire non-maternity outfit on!   Talk about feeling like a million bucks.   Here is a photo collage I made showing my outfit at my current weight (194.4lbs) vs. one of the only full body photos I can find of myself at my highest weight (236.6lbs).

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 


This next photo I share just to show a more 'raw' picture of what my journey has looked like.  I'm very proud of my progress, and while I dreaded taking the very first photos on the left, and I actually didn't even look at them when I took them, I'm very glad that I have them as a resource now.   I'm about halfway through my journey and finally feel fit and strong again - completing 50 push ups last week was a HUGE prideful moment of mine.  No matter what your journey is - if it's 10 pounds or 100 or just to be able to do something more fit than you currently can - it IS possible.   

When I started this journey I was so ashamed at all the weight I had gained and the strength I had lost, but instead of continuing to ignore the issue I took control and over the past 5 months have taken every day by itself.


This photo here is about 7 years old, at my best friend's wedding.   I had just met Danielle (on the right - I'm on the left) and we had a blast as bridesmaids.  Little did I know through the help of social media she would be reaching out to me 7 years later at the exact time I needed her in my life.   Danielle was the catalyst that got me going on my journey, and while she was just a spark (she invited me to my first "Challenge Group" and introduced me to the 21 Day Fix which has changed the way I look at food and my overall relationship with food), she provided the tools I needed to get back to 'me'.


Late last week I had some errands to do, and instead of fighting with a sleepy toddler while going in and out of the car for every stop - I decided to go on a walk to my errands with him!  It was a win all around and I may have even saved time (my errands were all in the Center - post office, bank, etc).



Here I am doing a Pilates 100 Challenge in the morning while my son watches - I put up a 10 day challenge on my business page and it's been fun to do it every day!





One great thing about being back on track these past few months has been how much I enjoy cooking and food again. When I'm not paying attention to what I eat, I actually don't even really enjoy what I'm eating.   This is a mixture of butternut squash, spinach, orzo, tofu, a vegetarian chicken patty and brussel sprouts with tumeric. Delish!


And of course my go to drink of Shakeology has really gotten me through this journey. I was always apposed to 'protein' drinks, but what I love about this is it's actually a nutrient dense formula that happens to also have protein.  For me it's been a lifesaver in terms of convenience and getting in protein, but I also feel that all the nutrients, vitamins, amino acids & pro/prebiotics have truly helped with my energy levels.  No matter how many homecooked meals I make, I still wouldn't get this much variety of whole foods into my day without my daily shake!




Here's a fun spin on the shake - 'shakeology energy bites' - the only problem is I can easily eat them ALL (coconut, honey, steel cut oats, flaxseed, shakeology & nut butter)


Perhaps the most fun part of this week was getting an email from a fellow mom and small business owner (Imagine Studio).  Karla had found me on Instagram which led her to my blog as well as my blog and she thought I might be interested in using her studio for my classes.   Benjamin and I attended 'open play' Monday morning which was a blast - he had the most fun in the arts and crafts room and the hour and a half flew by!   What's more exciting is that with this new relationship, I'll be able to extend my reach to the West Hartford community.   I'm very excited for the opportunity to partner with Imagine Studio!



More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment