My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Recognition

Weekly Update: I had a few 'slip ups' this week, I attended a Friendsgiving and met myself indulge a little.  I was OK with it, but it led to a crazy late night crave fest that ended with a full bag of goldfish.  Instead of beating myself up I jumped back on the wagon the next day and I'm so glad I did.  I was down 1.2 this week (perhaps more since I weighed in a day early!) and my new total is 39.4lbs. That 40lb marker is so close I can smell it, taste it, practically hug it!  Next week my goal will be to lose the .6lbs I need to reach a total of 40lbs.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 




This week I did something very important, something that hadn't occurred to me to do until I read a post on one of my fitness pages.   I rewarded myself.  The key here, was to reward myself not with food, but with something directly linked to my success.   I didn't even realize I was going to do it until moments prior, but it struck me and I knew it was the right thing.  I was at target doing a little grocery shopping and wondered through the fitness section to poke around.  A coat caught my eye.  I haven't purchased a a nice winter coat in YEARS.  I decided, what the heck?  So I tried it on!  Sized XL, but it fit.  This is huge for a few reasons.  

1.  I haven't purchased clothes for myself other than maternity outfits in over 2 years

2.  The size was 'normal'.   I have done a few shopping trips, but leave discouraged as no sizes were fitting me (I was in denial over this, until recently). 

I love this because it's a useful item, and it's directly linked to my weight loss success.


This quote is a great one, I have been getting back into Bikram recently, and love the verbiage in class.  One of the things I adore about my Bikram practice is that no two days are the same, and every day I unravel something new in my postures.  This is why I gravitated to Bikram 2 years ago, prior to getting pregnant.  As I attended classes, I saw small changes in myself each and every time. I saw that I could do new things, things that the day or week prior seemed impossible.  Seeing those small changes was immensely motivating.    I love this quote because it's so true.   No matter what your journey is, it's NEVER too late.   I am learning to forgive myself, and stop comparing to what I "used" to be.  I'm here in the now, and I'm starting from scratch.  The time will pass either way, so why not work to make tomorrow even better than today?



And with that, I wanted to share this quote as well.   The stronger I get, the more I realize how fortunate I am to be able to work out.   I'm fortunate to have the resources to equipment (weights, DVD player, mats), but I'm also fortunate enough to have the body to enable me to do it.   Every day I get stronger, and I become more and more proud of my accomplishments.  My reward for all my hard work is that I'm physically able to complete my workouts now and reap the benefits (mentally and physically!)



Now on to some 'mom' news, I'm pretty proud of myself - I spent my 'rest' day on Sunday wrapping Christmas gifts.  This year will be a modest Christmas, as my husband and I have decided not to exchange gifts.  In fact, I've reached out to pretty much any adults in my life that used to exchange gifts and come up with a 'truce' that we won't be exchanging moving forward (kids only!).  These are the only presents that will be under our tree, but I have to say I am looking forward to this Christmas being the most exciting of all because we get to see our little guy in all his glory opening presents for the first time!  Last year, he was such a nugget he slept through all of the morning festivities, but this year he'll actually engage with us and get to play with his new toys!


More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment