My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Value of Photos

Weekly Update: I am still noticing physical changes on a daily basis, and really haven't been doing anything 'crazy' other than sticking to my 21 Day Fix clean eating plan (feel free to ask me more details on getting you started if you're interested), and my 30 minute daily workouts.  This week in down an even 2lbs, my total is now 53.8lbs!  I feel great and never deprived.  I continue to really enjoy this journey and where it's taking me!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again.  It's really hard for me now that I am about halfway through this journey to find ANY before photos.  I took a few 'formal' ones but they are blurry and my face isn't clear in them (about 10 pounds in I took very formal ones, but I wish I had more at my heaviest).  

I found this set of photos that my Uncle took when he was in town from Scotland. They were among the ones that I didn't delete and that is ONLY because they were in my email.  I just found them looking for something else, but I'm really happy to have them.  They were taken in July literally at my heaviest (236.6lbs).  

My Advice Is this.... Don't be camera shy, for two reasons.  First, regardless of your size, your family will love you and wish they had photos of you.  When my son is older, he will have very few photos of me from his first year of life and I regret that.   Secondly, once you start to get through your journey (whatever it is), you will really wish you had them.  I have a few that I remember forcing my husband to delete from us swimming this summer, and I can't tell you how much I wish I had them.
If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 


For those who have been following my progress through Insanity Max 30, I am making my way to the end! I have a week's left of workouts left and can't wait to post my 'final' results.  I feel great, and I actually notice a huge improvement in my calf muscles.  I love this, because it's one area I noticed really changed with my weight gain (I couldn't even feel a muscle as I had lost all definition and strength from being so sedentary).



Here is a great shot from our Tuesday morning Pilates Class through Fit and Balanced Mom.  Classes are geared towards mothers and caregivers.  Children always welcome to attend (but not required, if your kids are in school feel free to come and enjoy the positive energy of all the kiddos!).  The older kids like to workout with us, while the younger ones enjoy the freedom to play in a safe environment.




This past weekend I also hosted my first Health and Fitness event at our house.  It went over really well and I can't wait to have another one!   I hosted it with two fellow coaches, and we had lots of fun fitness demonstrations (PiYo, T25, 21 Day Fix) as well as raffles, snacks and a display of a 'day in the life on the 21 Day Fix'.  This program, as you may know is what really has enabled me to lose weight consistently every week without feeling deprived and without having to eat 'weird' foods.   I can't say enough about it.   Below is a sample meal using the containers.   My information (including ordering instructions) is at the bottom of every post, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.  I'd love to coach you through your journey!

To give you an idea, this counts as 1 Purple (Fruit), 1 Green (Veggies), 1 Yellow (Carbs), 1 Red (Protein), 1 Orange (Healthy Fats) and 1 tsp (Oils).

You get multiple of each container depending on your weight.




Here are some tasty "Shakeology Energy Bites"   they were as good as they look!



We also had some yummy fruits & veggies for our guests.





And then on to food news.  I love my Sunday prep days.  This weekend I made ziti bake, butternut squash soup and fajitas for the week.   It only took about an hour to do it all!







More about me or to order any products:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment