My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Community

Weekly Update: This week I am down another 1.0 for a total of 38.2!  I had a really good week initially, then had a bit of a setback mid week - it involved chocolate covered pretzels and a little box called Kraft.   In the past this would have completely derailed me, and may have caused days if not weeks of going 'off track'.  Instead, I dug up some photos and compared them - seeing that 37 pounds that no one can take away from me, not even a box of Kraft (10 or 100 maybe, but not one).   This photo to me is a very powerful tool showing me just how far I've come and got me back on track finishing the week strong.  There are so many ways to measure success, weight is just one of them - photos and measurements another, compliments, strength milestones, reaching fitness goals.  I challenge you to look at the whole picture and not just the number on the scale.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

Another huge accomplishment for me was getting back at the gym.  As of this Tuesday, I officially have my own class teaching at my old gym again!  What's fun about this is that I'm building my connections with my old clients at the gym and also now on the subbing list.  As a result of the holidays, I have lots of opportunities to sub and this week alone taught 5 classes!!  How cool is that?  5 months ago, I couldn't even get up on my waterskiis and here I am in November amidst the holiday season teaching FIVE classes in one week as well as my nightly workouts.  I'm so proud and excited for this accomplishment that I can barely contain myself.

As I build out my new business, Fit and Balanced Mom, LLC, I'm working to identify what makes MY brand.   There are so many amazing stories of weight loss and success building a healthy lifestyle.  What makes me different, what makes my Pilates classes different?   One of the key elements to the class offerings that I have is the fact that it enables mothers with busy schedules to be able to fit fitness into their days without having to leave their children or find child care.  But more importantly, a huge goal of mine is to build a community.  




What I found most important over the past year is the community of mothers that I found along the way.  These are the same mothers who have challenged me to become a better mother, a better self and better friend.  They have supported me along the way without judgment.   If I can create this community for even a small subset of mom's out there then I will feel like I've helped make the world a better place.  I truly believe that everyone needs a community they feel welcome and encouraged that fosters positive growth and development. 


Along these lines, several months ago I also started my Facebook Page "Fit & Healthy" to help foster an environment of women where every member could feel safe to share their accomplishments, struggles, goals, insights.   As I read the posts and watch the communication between the members of this group, I get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside that I'm helping make a change through building a community.  While I post questions, tips, commentary and personal progress in the hopes to inspire others, it's the eclectic background of women in this group that truly brings about an unstoppable force of inspiration and positivity.





More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki


Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment