My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Picture is Worth a Thousand...Pounds

Weekly Update:  This week I was feeling really good at the start of the week (decent weekend, with the exception of eating an entire Mac n' Cheese Pizza at dinner on Saturday night - Not great, but I got BACK on track which is what counts).  I also started with morning workouts at the suggestion of my husband (more on that below).  As a result this week I'm down 3lbs for a new total of 61lbs.

I titled this blog "A Picture is Worth a Thousand...Pounds" because I truly believe that.  If you recall from my last two posts I had some ups and downs with my weight the past few weeks, and even this weekend with that Mac n' Cheese pizza.    One thing I didn't change though was my commitment to my fitness routines.   After I finished up "Insanity Max 30" I decided to get back on the 21 Day Fix and use the "21 Day Fix Extreme" program.  This program, is a program similar to the regular 21 Day Fix, but with a slightly tightened food regime (again, I was on the food portion of the plan for about 11 days and off for about 10 with my food struggles) and harder workouts.  I stuck to those workouts and really did push myself.

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

More about me or to order any products I mention in my blog and have me as your Free Coach, Mentor and Top Supporter:  
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki



These photos are proof that the workouts helped shape my body.   I lost a total of 4.2lbs over the 21 Days of workouts, but I see a huge change in my body composition, my stomach is shrinking every photo I take and I'm also continuing to see great changes in my face.   I actually looked at this again today for the millionth time and feel like  you can see more confidence in my posture too - which is a big win!  

This is a reminder even if you don't want to, to always take those photos.  I stress this to those that I coach, but sometimes it's hard to listen to your own advice. I honestly ONLY took them because I don't like to tell other's to do something if I'm not willing to do it too.   Coaching has really helped me commit to my own journey along the way.




Along with my fitness and nutrition programs that I've been using, I also decided to enroll myself in an online weight loss competition (see photos above).   I figured, if I'm losing weight I might as well get paid for it, right?  There is this cool site called dietbet.com where you take a photo of yourself every week with some key word so they can verify it and submit it.  I'm in two competitions - one is a 6 month and the other a 30 day. If I lose 10% of my weight in the 6 month one and 4% in the 30 day one I win part of the pot (guaranteed to at least make my money back if I hit my goals). What's fun is I have 2 months in the first one and 1 week in the second one and I've already reached my weight goals for both!


Did this photo grab your attention?  It was mean to!  I decided this week to try to do 5:30am workouts - since I've decided to do Insanity Max 30 again (I love the workouts, the time and the results), I know I can squeeze in a workout and shower before my son is up in the morning.   My husband suggested it, and now that I'm able to rely on a toddler that will actually sleep through the night, I figured I might as well try it.  

I have to say hitting the snooze button was so tempting, but Monday I got up and got to it.  The workout felt a little foggy day 1, but all day I felt amazing so I committed to doing it again on day 2.  Well day 2 the workout part felt better and I STILL felt amazing all day.   So day 3 (yesterday), I actually had some time mid day I could workout and I decided I would skip the morning workout.  My body on the other hand had a different idea.  I literally could NOT sleep and my body felt like it was begging for that workout.  I posted this photo with the woman eating all the food because while we often crave sweets after we have them (sugar causes us to crave more sugar then salt to offset it then more sugar....), I'm finding that we can ALSO crave fitness and even at certain times of the day.   I've decided to stick to the 5:30am workouts with the exception of when we are on vacation because the whole family will be in the same room and probably not appreciate getting up so early!




On to the food news...  My husband made this awesome quiche - a mixture of eggs, sliced summer squash, a little cheese, thyme, garlic and pepper.   It is so tasty!



I made this amazing little concoction this week a well.  Mixed veggies with coconut oil, ground pepper & tumeric - simple and delicious!




We also had some fun with our toddler friends this week.  We exchanged something called 'busy bags' which I hadn't heard of - but basically they are fun little homemade games (matching, sorting, counting, etc) that you can put together for $5 or less.  We had 7 of us exchange them!




And my final words of wisdom for the week.  I love this quote and it's really taken me a long time to get to this point with my eating and mentality. I spent years on Weight Watchers and while it was a phenomenal program for me at the time and enabled me to lose 60 pounds (I went from 190.6 to 130.6lbs in college), I still never really had a good understanding of how to really feed my body. I would often 'save' points (aka calories) or exercise excessively for hours so that I could eat things like cheesy pasta in excess or cake, or whatever bad food you can think of. I lost weight, but not in a healthy way and I certainly never had a good relationship  with food.  These days, after following the 21 Day Fix, I have to say I understand food so much better. I eat whole eggs instead of obsessing over egg whites, I have small treats here and there but I no longer let them throw me off course, and I really do appreciate everything I put into my mouth.




One additional thing I wanted to mention (because I'm super excited about it) is that Beacbhody - the company I coach through - has officially launched what's called "On Demand" this month.  Think of it as Netflix but for fitness programs. I've been using it now for a little over a month and LOVE it.  It gives you access to a ton of workouts for just $12 a month - just like Netflix.  So as long as you have a phone or wifi for your tablet/computer you can workout!  I love my DVDs and don't plan on discontinuing purchasing them anytime soon, but now ones I've purchased will be automatically loaded to my On Demand account as well as tons of other ones for Free with the subscription.  If you're interested let me know or use my links below to sign up under me as a coach before subscribing.



More about me or to order any products I mention:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment