My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Friday, October 30, 2015

Day 21!!

Weekly Update:  First and foremost, I'm EXTREMELY proud of myself for finishing a solid 21 Days using the 21 Day Fix program.  This is something I haven't done since I started last summer at 237 pounds.   I learned so much those first 21 days that I honestly didn't need to do a 'strict round'.  I learned how to manage my days and continue to get stronger and lose weight.  That being said, the few weeks and months leading up to these last 21 days were getting more challenging, and I wanted to see just what I could accomplish where I am now.  I am happy to report that I'm down 2.2lbs for a NEW total of 78.0lbs down!!!


I also had some extra fun this week teaching classes that I don't typically teach! Like a Ball Pilates class at the gym in Hartford where I work.  I love using the ball, there are so many great uses for it!



One thing I am super proud of is that I have not only been consistently working out, but consistently doing it at 5:30am (yes, even on the weekends!).  I find that routine really works for me, and it gives me some calm in the mornings before my day starts.   I do always 'question' myself when my alarm goes off, then I remember how GREAT I feel when I follow through with my early morning "ME" time.



This was a fun comparison that I have been dying to do.  A few months ago, I tried on this dress being pretty sure it would fit.  It didn't - and as you can see it wasn't even that close to fitting. I knew it WOULD  fit though, so I snapped a photo. I was packing for an upcoming vacation and saw the dress. I decided to try it on - and it fit like a glove! Funny thing is, it was only about a 10 pound difference, but the changes in my body from my consistent workouts (and Body Beast!) have made a huge impact on the shape of my body and how clothes fit.


This photo is not at all fitness related, but it's family related. I had a blast this weekend with my little guy celebrating the silliness that is Halloween, I love that I can run around with him and play and walk around 'trick or treating' without being tired or winded! 



Here is one of my favorite progress photos so far, my nails! I used to be a nail biter, and managed to stop for a few years, but recently for whatever reason it's been creeping back up on me.  For the past maybe 2 or 3 years I've been nibbling away.  I looked down at my had a couple weeks ago and said 'enough is enough'. I reached out to my private women's group (link listed at the end of the blog) for support. I got some great ideas, and with the help of my group have managed to kick the habit!

Here is a fun transformation photo from just 15 days into my 21 day recommitment to my nutrition, it's amazing how much you can SEE all the fruits of my hard work with the workouts when the nutrition is in check!




And of course, the food news!!

So I have to say, there have been a handful of times over this last 21 days that I wanted to make 'exceptions', but the thing is there will be time for that AFTER. I promised I'd re-set my pallet and do a good 21 Days, no excuses, no exceptions.   Going out to breakfast is one of my favorite meals and easy to make healthy, but I do usually let myself have toast and homefries. I knew that to stay on course, I had to choose one, so I asked if they could substitute the homefries, and they did! With veggies too (most places do fruit, but I'd much rather have veggies).  

I got to go out, enjoy a fun meal AND not have to go off -course!


This weekend was super busy with Halloween activities that I forgot to food prep, I'm really happy that I was able to round up a few things including some pomegranates for the week! The key is to prep in advance, this way you have 'fast food' without having to do anything.




Another quick thing I made was 10 individual servings of curry - I threw a ton of stuff into a crock pot and let it hang out overnight - then I have been adding rice if I want to as I eat it. SO good!   



I'm also totally hooked on these salads. I am typically not a salad person..well I love salad, but I hate lettuce, which just leaves me with cut up veggies.   But discovered when I did the Ultimate Reset (there is a specific blog post on what that is), that I LOVE arugula.  Who'd have thought?  So here is my simple yet tasty salad with a veggie burger on top and then grilled Ezekiel bread as a side!


I never tire of this 'oldie but goodie'  cauliflower pizza crust topped with amazingness!   



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment