My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Disney!!

Weekly Update: This week I don't have an actual 'update' as I'm in Disney, and I have to say my food choices aren't what I expected.   I did get food for the hotel and have been sticking with some solid choices (banana and Shakeology for breakfast, peppers and hummus as well as chia seeds for snacks).  But my lunches and dinners aren't the foods I typically eat, and I can honestly say I feel the sodium building in my hands, I don't love it, but I am enjoying being a little more relaxed and know I'll get right back on track when I'm home.  I'm also super proud that I haven't missed a single workout.   At this point, the workout is mostly about my ME time than anything else.





Here are a couple photos from before we headed out on vacation - we got to dress up for Halloween at Mommy & Me Pilates class - so much fun!  And of course the little puppy doing his own thing in the corner would be Benjamin!


This photo has nothing to do with anything really, except the fact that it was Halloween and we headed to Disney for the week and all dressed up like puppies from Paw Patrol.  You gotta have some fun, right?


Another crazy eyed photo - now this one DOES have meaning, it was taken at 3am as I did my morning workout before hitting the airport for a 7am flight.  I woke up a half hour before my alarm and thought "why NOT workout".



So, regardless of the fact that I am not totally where I was planning to be with food this week, I still have to say I'm really impressed with how I've been doing recently.  Here are my before and after photos from Body Beast - a program just months ago I swore I'd never do.  The funny thing is I think it's my favorite so far!   I see the biggest changes in my face, posture and stomach!




I had to throw this one in there too - when I took these very first 'before' photos over a year ago, I had no clue where I'd end up.  I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised not just with the physical component but the mental and emotional changes too.   


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/

Back to my comment about my workouts - the first thing I did when we got here was check out the gym! Other than teaching classes at a gym, I haven't stepped foot in one in years.   I still did my Body Beast workouts (it was cool using different weights, sort of a fun change), I used my Beachbody On Demand (ask me for details!) and was able to stream the workouts from my iPad.


Now, this one is funny - in a disturbing way.  Disney is fun and all, but man is it tiring!  By 8pm my legs feel like they will fall off and I'm just all around exhausted.   I've been sticking to my morning workouts though because I love how it feels, I just FEEL good when I do them and I like the serenity of 5:30am.     This one is from Day 3 of vacation, I literally look like I got hit by a car in the first one, maybe because  my son decided to greet me at 5:30am (usually he's down for the count until at least 7!).   But I love the shift that just a half hour can do in terms of how I feel.


Another key to my days besides the bananas and Shakeology has been my morning Energize (love love love it).  I never thought I'd be one for something like this, but I tried it just to 'see' what I thought and quickly got hooked!


Here is my "home" at 5:30am - love it!



And of course, vacation isn't just about food and fitness, it's about family too!!   My favorite part of this is the third one when we went to give Ben a kiss and he wanted NOTHING to do with it!  A side note, I saw these photos and immediately loved what I saw. It's nice to see a photo of myself and not cringe (not that anyone, any size should ever be embarrassed of how they look, but nonetheless I had been for a while).  I feel like I look like ME again, you know?


Ok food news!   Like I said, it's not been totally off the charts good, but I knew I'd be having pretzels as they are my FAVORITE food (other than bananas, of course).   And I have to say these really do hold up to my standards quite nicely!




And here is my food prep!  Peppers, hummus and chia seeds pre portioned out for the week!



And of course it's Florida, and it's hot, and I never miss my hydration.  I've hit over 100 ounces every single day, most days I get to 100 by noon.


More hotel food prep - Shakeology and bananas are my go-tos, even on vacation I have to have them for breakfast as it starts my day off right.




If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment