My Blog List

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Weekly Update:   So this week represents two weeks - one of which was last week when I was on vacation and the other was just a few days of this week where I got myself back on track.   This week I am only up 1.6lbs for a total of 76.4lbs total - I'm proud of this!!

I mention vacation, because I made a conscious decision early on that I was going to 'enjoy' myself and not stress out about food choices.  I had full intentions of being on track - but it became very clear that getting in my protein and healthy foods on vacation was going to be a struggle.   Yes, there were 'tempting' foods like my soft pretzels, but really the issue was lack of vegetables and lack of protein!  It's amazing to me how hard it is some places to get vegetarian proteins, and how 'carb-centric' we are most places (especially for vegetarian meals).  Meals aren't very balanced as a vegetarian at restaurants...basically the up the carbs instead of putting in a good non meat protein.



That being said, I managed to have a blast with my family which was my biggest goal of the week!  


I had to include this photo.  Doesn't matter that I've lost a lot of weight, my thighs still touch, and they probably always will! I really don't care that they touch, the only downfall is walking around miles a day in hot sticky weather while wearing skirts and dresses.  Vaseline to the rescue!



Here's my 2 year old son the day after we got home - post vacation hangover is what I like to call it!



And I had one of myself too.   It nearly got in the way of my 5:30am routine, but I ended up caving and having Advil (I really hate taking meds), and within an hour my headache that I had had for over 12 hours subsided and I was able to move forward with Day 2 of my new workout program (P90X3!).


And here is a yummy meal I made my first night home, "Breakfast Pizza" on a wrap!







If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/
If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment