My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Friday, October 9, 2015

NSV

Weekly Update:
This week was non traditional, I weighed in but opted not to look! I have it so I can look next week and see the variance, but I didn't want it to derail me, so I'm accountable to the fact that I felt crummy as a result of some poor food choices and mentally I didn't need to see the impact on my weight.  I'm moving on and am sure that there will be a loss next week!

I love seeing just how far I've come, and focusing on the non scale victories - like being able to 'shop' in my own closet.  Not that long ago, I was confined to one outfit, I had it in several colors but it was the only one that fit.   Every item I wore was maternity, even though my son was 8 months old.  

What a cool feeling to open my closet and pretty much anything in it fits.  I still have some dresses that I put on that don't fit (I have sensory issues and don't wear pants), but for the most part, almost anything fits!


Another huge non scale goal, is getting stronger each and every day.   As I lifted my 35 pound weights this last weekend, it occurred to me, as heavy as the weights were to lift, I was carrying more than that on my body day after day.    How cool is it to feel how much I lost and be able to lift it up with the strength I've developed.


I'm back at my morning workouts after a weekend of letting myself sleep in a little bit - my favorite part is that once my workout is done, I can relax and have some more 'me' time with my feet up and enjoying the calm before the day starts.


I don't often talk about the classes I teach, but it is a big part of my week - I love my Mommy & Me Pilates, Boot Camp and Running groups. I have had some fun incorporating props in Boot Camp these days and am loving class in the crisp Fall weather!




Food news!  

I think I've shared this recipe before, but here it is again!   My son LOVES them.  Two eggs, one banana and a pinch of cinnamon and you have 'pancakes' - it really is that simple!  The key is to make them small, about the size of a silver dollar.



Another favorite using cinnamon is my Apple Cider Vinegar "Tea" - a cup of hot water, a teaspoon of ACV, a teaspoon of local honey a pinch of cinnamon.   Delish!


And another fall favorite - Chili!!  I made this vegetarian style, adapting a recipe from my favorite 21 Day Fix cookbook!



Another 21 Day Fix recipe, roasted acorn squash - so yummy!!



As our CSA comes to a close in the next few weeks, I'm enjoying cooking up the Fall foods like these wax beans and garlic.





If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment