My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Momentum

This week my big struggle has been momentum.  The past few months, I've been so motivated by my successes that they've been pushing me along.  However, I'm starting to get a little complacent... This actually happens after any half marathon I've ever done, so I'm wondering if that's it.  I'm struggling to be motivated to do my workouts, even though they are only a small portion of my day and I feel a LOT better after I do them.  I'm proud of myself, however, for still 'pushing play' every night even if it's just a 10 minute video.  This week Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer has been my secret weapon.  I can't talk myself out of 10 minutes, I mean it's ONLY 10 minutes - there's no excuse in the book that would make up for skipping it.  I was actually really terrified of my weigh in this week, but I know from experience if I skip it, it becomes a really slippery slope and I end up 10 or more pounds in the hole, so I went anyway.  I was actually pretty surprised to have 'only' gone up 0.2 pounds.   I actually attribute this two the fact that I've been hitting my water goal of 100oz a day consistently for 2 weeks now.   That's no excuse, and I'm back on the wagon this week!  I got Les Mills Body Pump in the mail yesterday and started it...I'm already in love!

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 



These photos are from a friend 90 pounds into her journey, she had this success in just 30 Days doing the 10 Minute Trainer, so I keep telling myself if I can push play for 10 minutes (no matter how unmotivated I am), that I'll still be helping myself to acheive my goals!


Asside from my night workouts, I'm still keeping up with my Pilates in the Park series and on a serious hunt for an indoor venue now that the dark, cold weather is fast approaching.  Please comment if you have suggestions! I've tried churches, elks clubs, libraries, dance studios, parks & rec.... They are all way too expensive or don't have availability.  

Here is my little guy enjoying some snacks whole we set up for class.  This has been a great way to socialize with other moms, get me back into teaching (I taught 7 years before having my son - up until I was 36 weeks pregnant!) and has gotten me so excited in general.



It's funny, with all the fitness stuff I've been up to, I think I'm creating a workout monster, here he his having crawled upstairs and into my workout space.  He picked that 5 pound weight up like it was nothing!  The he kept walking around and grabbing other fitness equipment.  



With all the 'work' we needed some fun too.  Family Day at the Zoo during an unusually warm October day!  We did a lot of walking and had a great time together - it's not always about the prescribed workouts - sometimes family time is just what the doctor ordered :)




Another thing I'm working on is making sure I keep my AFFAA certification up to date, so I decided to sign up for an online continuing education course to maintain my AFAA Personal Trainer certification.  It means diligence and self study - let's just say I'm counting down the modules until I'm DONE!  After this I'm definitely going back to classroom training, the online course work is definitely not exciting.


I've shared this recipe before on my Facebook Fit & Healthy page, but it needs to be shown again because it's that good.  It's 21 Day Fix Friendly (so is regular pizza but you get more of this and it's great!).  Basically instead of 'dough' you use a mixture of cauliflower and egg.  I'm not going to lie and say it tastes like dough, but it definitely holds really well for toppings!



And with that I'll close...next week I WILL break 35 pounds!  I'm currently sitting at 34.6, it's so close I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment