My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Me, a small business owner?!

Until I hit my goal, I plan to start these Thursday posts with an update on my weight progress, up or down I'll share it all.  Just like all of you, I'm human and if I'm up one week it doesn't make me 'bad' and doesn't mean I should be 'embarrassed' or quit.  It means I am on a journey and every journey worth traveling has road blocks, detours and obstacles.  I am sharing with complete honesty in hopes that it will remind those reading this that just because you have a road block, doesn't mean it's time to give up or hide - it means it's time to grow despite that obstacle.

This week was a challenge for me on several occasions.  I went to a Fair and had 'Fair Food', I forgot to eat lunch one day (very unlike me!) and ended up gorging on dinner rolls as a result, and I got into 'I'm starting on Monday' mentality and let a few extra things slide.  That being said, I did recommit on Monday, so that's something to be proud of.   As you can imagine, I was very anxious about my weekly weigh in with Weight Watchers.   To my surprise, I was exactly flat from the prior week.   I consider this a HUGE success.  I am in the same place I was, and maintaining during a 'rough' patch is something I am proud of!   

If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 


Now on to this week's topic!

I'm finally pursuing my dream.  

Since my original weight loss journey started in college and I 'found fitness' about a year in, I have been extremely passionate about health and fitness.  I made some small steps incorporating this into my 'career', like becoming a Pilates instructor in 2007.    I always wished that I had found this lifestyle sooner and gotten my degree in health and nutrition.  Over the years, I have spread my enthusiasm with those around me in any way I can - and I am willing to share from my experiences and personal research to help others see success.  I've often tried to figure out a way to do this professionally, but it never seemed possible.  That is, not until now.

About a month ago, a few of my mommy friends who knew about my background teaching encouraged me to set up a mommy & me Pilates class.  They told me that I would be doing them a favor, they asked several times and finally I realized that this was my opportunity.  What was I waiting for?  Why not take the plunge?   I'm currently working a part time schedule with my corporate job so that I can spend more time with my son, and teaching mommy & me Pilates classes allows me to spend that time with my son while building relationships, helping others and bettering my own health.

Teaching some friends casually is one thing, but as I started to think about it, I realized that I have a lot to offer other mothers and not just fitness related.  As a new mother, I've struggled finding that 'Balance' and part of what has kept me going are the bonds I've created with other mothers over the past year.   It occurred to me, I could have a business that helps mom balance more than just their Fitness.

This is my dream.  This is my goal. I will do this!

I am just starting to iron out the details  of what this means - I'm educating myself with Twitter and Instagram.  I'm learning how to make myself be known.  I'm growing every day along this journey, and not just my weight loss journey, but also my journey to finding my ideal job!

No comments:

Post a Comment