My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Slow and Steady


Weekly Update: I've been struggling a lot with workouts - getting up, feeling winded, you name it!  I was actually getting down on myself because I'm not really showing yet (16 weeks) but I've gained enough weight for an entire pregnancy.  I needed to level set so I wanted to remind myself how far I have come.  I've been stressed over this pregnancy, pretty much paranoid every single day that I'll lose it.  I've also been sick but starving causing me to eat pretty weird things.    But one thing I am super proud of is despite being sick, and despite my workouts literally 'sucking wind' - I'M STILL working out.   When I started on my journey I had let working out fall to the bottom of my priority list for close to a full year. 

This time will be different, for my mental health I need my workouts.


Here's what I mean by struggling....mornings have been HARD.  My 5:30am wake up has turned to 6am which is also making me feel rushed - but I am not skipping a day, because I know from experience one day can become 2 can become ten can become a year.   Even if it's just 15 minutes, I am committed.


And here's part of why- this little guy is USED to me doing it.   This photo is symbolic - his outfit is about 2 years too small, but he loves it.  He calls it his 'running suit' - he likes to wear it because him and Mommy run together.    I want him to continue to see me as someone who puts my health first.


The food hasn't been all bad - I'm pulling back to some of my oldies but goodies that I know I like and are easy.   Like my pb/banana wrap!


Another huge thing I did this week was spend some time cutting a ton of veggies up. I stored them individually so I could cook, use for salads or do whatever I wanted with them over the week!


Mainly I've been doing salads though! And they've been super refreshing.


But the carrots I also steamed last night for a little different flavor (no butter, just carrots!)



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki



Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment