My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Progress not Perfection

Weekly Update: I've been feeling very challenged with my food choices recently - I start the days strong but by 2 or 3pm I start to feel sick, and then the food seems to make me sicker even though I'm starving.  I  keep holding on to the fact that now that I'm at 15 weeks, there are only a few more weeks of the weird food aversions (I hear 18 is the magic week?!).  I have been feeling weaker in my workouts and generally frustrated with my strength but then I remember that as long as I KEEP moving I'll be stronger than if I were to stop for the next 6 months.

In the mean time, while we haven't told my son yet, we've been prepping him by having him read books and watch movies about big brother helpers.  Here he is helping rock a baby in class who was upset - he took the job seriously!


And here he is making banana pancakes 'just like Daniel Tiger does' when he becomes a big brother to baby Margaret. 


Back to my original note about feeling sort of icky and weak - I took this photo for someone I am coaching to show a modification for a side plank.   The first thing I saw was my cellulite and it totally grossed me out.  But then I looked further - I saw my perfect form, I saw the photo of my son and I on the wall above my head doing Pilates together, and I saw a mom that despite feeling frustrated with her nutrition recently, won't give up!


I had to share this photo because it's literally the only one we have with Santa with a smile! I totally get it too, Santa is a stranger so the idea of sitting on his lap is sort of creepy if you think about it! At first I thought it was weird that I had to be in the photo, but then realized how precious it is to have this photo with my little guy.


Here I am after one of my morning workouts.   They have started to 'slide' and start around 6am recently instead of 5:30 - I'm grateful they are only 30 minutes because I do have that buffer to press snooze.  When I was pregnant with Ben I continued to workout but I did it on my lunch breaks - now my days are scheduled differently so mornings work best (plus it makes me happier all day), but getting up is proving to be a challenge!


In addition to my workouts, I'm trying to combat the fatigue with my Happy Lamp.  I'm starting to realize part of my struggle may be seasonal as well.  Every little bit of extra positive energy helps!


...including HYDRATION.  Something I've been slacking big time on as well. It's been hard since my stomach hasn't been 100% to remember and be able to get my 100 ounces in, so I've been making sure to start each day with a solid 24oz to get my pallet ready for a day of water!


Some food news, this week I created a new recipe inspired by something my husband was making.   "fried rice" - olive oil, braggs liquid amino acids, eggs, onions, mixed veggies, tempeh and brown rice.  SO GOOD!


And I've been back to my daily Shakeology as well and I can't believe how much I MISSED it.  It helps my digestion, helps me absorb the nutrients in my food and helps with my energy big time.




If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki



Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment