My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A week of fitness!

Weekly Update: This week I had my 14 week ultra sound appointment and left feeling like a big weight was lifted off of my shoulders! Since my miscarriage this Summer, every appointment brings me a lot of anxiety and worry.   This one was a 'big' one because it marks that I am officially in the 2nd trimester and past when I had my loss (12 weeks) this past summer.  

I celebrated the good news with a week's worth of fitness.    I love this first photo because it explains my 'teaching' these days.  I LOVE to teach, and for years wanted to open my own studio.  The issue with fitness and studios is that to be able to replace an income, you would wear yourself so thin teaching (at least for me) that it ceases to be fun.

So why did I share this?  I get to teach, but on my terms and only as frequently as I can to still enjoy it.   And the reason is because of my coaching business.   I truly feel blessed to be able to do two things I love on a daily basis and contribute to the family in a way that allows me to stay home with my son and work a flexible schedule, teaching classes when I want and how often I want.

This photo was taken by a mom in class, I love it because I rarely get photos of myself teaching!


And for good reason - because I'm usually the one taking the photos!!!! 



In addition to our new mommy & me classes this week - my son and I did a 5K together with a friend and her daughter.   He has done many 5K training classes with me - but usually watches me the day of the event from the sidelines.  This was the first race he 'completed' with me - and a good one too!  They gave all children their own medal and 'post race' hot cocoa at the end!



The last 'fit' content for this week is me and my morning routine - I have continued to stick to it despite being a little extra tired these days with a growing baby.  I am here to show you that you can run, lift weights, and do Pilates even when you are pregnant (barring no out of the ordinary medical concerns).   My doctor is so happy to know I'm doing all these things, and my baby will be more 'fit' as a result do to the increased blood flow in my system!


I even managed to bump up my weights this week!


Another important post of the week - I have fallen in love with this plant oil, Jajoba - it's got one ingredient and glides on my face like pure hydration without feeling overly oily.  I struggle (and always have) with very dry and dehydrated skin, especially in the Winter.  This oil in addition to my new routine has made an extreme difference in how my face feels (and the lack of pain I feel!) on a daily basis.


Food news!!!!   I have been getting really bored with food and had some food aversions so I've had to get a little creative in order to 'meet' the carb cravings and still give my body the nutrients it needs.   One of my favorites from the week was 'fried' rice - brown rice, eggs, tempeh, braggs liquid amino acids, olive oil, onion and mixed veggies! It took minutes and was amazing.


Another staple has been my Shakeology as well as this zucchini casserole that's packed with protein (eggs), and veggies (zucchini, corn, tomato, squash) but also has a 'carby' feel.


Remember that tempeh and brown rice from the fried rice?  Well here it is before I mixed it together - I had the tempeh (marinaded in braggs amino acids, maple syrup, garlic), rice and some carrots the night before for dinner.   


And here is my zucchini casserole before I cut it up!



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment