My Blog List

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Ending Trimester 1!

Weekly Update: I am hitting 11 weeks pregnant and starting to feel more confident and on edge as each day that passes.   This is the week that I lost my last baby - and I just keep thinking if I can get past that 12 week marker I can breath a little.   I've been doing my best to focus on ME, my health - both mental and physical.     I'm approaching week 3 of my current program and loving it.

My son is loving it too - here he is post workout with me this past weekend - he kept asking for when we could take our sweaty selfie after.  So here it is!


I have been loving this program, because it is fast enough to feel challenged but slow enough that I can keep up.   I also love that it enables me to keep my core strong without getting on my back - which is fine in the first trimester but as I get bigger becomes more of a risk for prolonged periods of time.  I am determined to stay healthy during this pregnancy for all things that I have control over.   It will help my recovery (which will most likely need to be a repeat c-section) and my mental state during and after (because if I'm being honest, being a mom is the most amazing and most challenging thing I've ever done).


We've been taking time to do a lot of family things - including a weekly "Sunday Funday" - it's different depending on the week, this week we stayed local and visited our very own Hartford Carousel - the oldest in the United States! Two rides, lots of smiles and $6 later, we have some great memories.


This little guy is keeping me going - I look at him and think if I was able to make him, I can make another healthy baby.  We haven't told him yet - but I have no doubt he's going to be an amazing big brother.


A big part of my days are my nutrition. I actually realized pretty early on, what I thought was 'morning sickness' was actually carb overload - I was eating nothing but carbs which of course made me sick! Once I recommitted to my nutrition program, it all got easier.  Including the 'sickness'.  The only thing I'm missing is energy - but my understanding is that once I hit the 2nd trimester and my placenta forms more completely the energy will come back!

Here is a new favorite - an orange freshly squeezed (with pulp for fiber) and then 2 slices of sprouted grain bread dipped in 2 eggs with cinnamon - yep french toast!


And of course Shakeology!   This continues to help me with energy and just feeling good overall. 



The photo is blurry - but this is from a team dinner we did for the leaders on my coaching team - luckily we have a handful of vegetarians and vegans so we picked an all vegan restaurant and OH MY GOSH! SO good.  Vegan cobb salad, you're my new best friend.


Here is my food prep for the week - butternut squash stuffed manicotti!

And here is what food prep for a few nights away looks like!   I packed my manicotti, and eggs and veggie burgers, and other snacks so that we could eat in the hotel room during our trip as much as possible! Saves money and lets you know exactly what you're eating!



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment