My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week 1 In the Books!!

Weekly Update: This week has been nothing short of amazing.  I had my 10 week ultra sound and things are looking good. I'm still very scared after my miscarriage this summer, but feeling more confident each day.   My workouts have been a great distraction and while I'm much more tired these days, they help ward off the morning sickness and put me in a great mental state. 


That being said, you can tell by my morning mug shots that my sleep has been been very touch and go - my hair has looked like this literally every morning, meaning I toss and turn a LOT these days.


I remember this from my pregnancy with my son (yellow sweatshirt), but the exhaustion is insane.  We are still teaching our Pilates classes a few days a week, but I have to admit, the second I get home I nap when he does!  


Here he is after class with his buddy from class, they've known each other close to 2 years now!


I'm also trying to cherish every moment I have with my son giving him attention when I have the energy - which includes our 'trips to Mexico'.  We put on our swim suits and jump in the bathtub with tubes for a getaway that doesn't require an actual flight!


Given that I'm 'back on track' I have LOTS of food news this week.    My shakeology continues to be a staple, loving it after my workouts.  With the fatigue is also coming a LOT of hunger.  The first month I had way too many carbs which only made my sickness much worse.  After talking to my doctor we agreed I needed to balance my diet out so that I didn't have those sugar spikes - the balance of nutrients has really been helping!


Here is an example of what I eat on any given day - I am feeling SO MUCH better eating balanced foods instead of the comfort foods. It's funny, I thought the comfort foods would help me with the morning sickness but now that I'm back to my clean eating (the plan that goes with my fitness program), I'm feeling 10 times better.


Here's a veggie lasagna that I made with some leftover eggplant and zucchini from the prior week - so good!!


I've also been starting my days with one orange freshly squeezed and the little burst of sugar is helping me (but I keep the pulp for the fiber!)


Here is my son's 'workout' gear during our Saturday morning workout.  Looks suspiciously like mine! Weights, water and banana (he picked it all out).


Another favorite - SUPER easy, hummus, a veggie burger (I do morningstar spicy black bean) on a wrap with veggies). 


And here's my version of a vegetarian loaded baked potato!   Tofu, potato, cheese, and broccoli!



Celery with PB has been a crunchy snack on the go too. 


And this one I barely got to try - my son and husband devoured it!!!   Zucchini with homemade sauce and a dash of mozzarella!


We had a wedding this weekend and I wasn't sure when to expect food and what to expect so I headed into it with Shakeology on the drive over.


This was a super simple recipe - 'chicken' soup with no chicken.   Noodles, carrots, celery, and veggie stock!


And finally - calming for my tummy these days - fresh ginger boiled with local honey to make a really soothing tea!



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment