My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, August 31, 2015

Little by little becomes a LOT

Weekly Update:   This week I am down 0.4lbs for a NEW total of 75.4.  As you recall, I started a new fitness program last week called "Body Beast" the nutrition is a lot more food than I'm used to as a result of the weight training.  That being said, I'm really working on adjusting to it and trusting that my body will regulate!



The workouts are also longer than the ones I had been doing - some close to an hour, which means I have to get up even earlier!   I've been taking a photo every morning as 'proof' to a friend and fellow coach who gives me a 5:30am wake up text every morning - here is  one of the lovely shots I sent her.



The thing is, I continue to do it, it's worth getting up - because those small changes and that extra half hour that I give myself by getting early DO pay off.  Whenever I am having a struggle, I look at my photos and remember how far I've come.   When I started, I was so discouraged and could barely do anything - even on my hardest days, I am still so much stronger than I was just over a year ago.  

And so much happier.




I got to get in a hike this weekend - I wish I had more photos of my legs from when I started, this photo really  made me realize how much my body has changed - I did my best to do a comparable 'before" photo - but my before photos are lacking since I was struggling to even look at myself in the mirror last year.

What's great is that regardless of feeling perfect, I feel proud.   I haven't worn a two piece in over 2 years, and while I'm still in my one piece at the beach, my bikini's are fitting again and I'm taking advantage in the privacy of my own yard!



I don't talk often about my coaching, but it brings me so much joy.   I got this message from a friend and someone I am coaching through the 21 Day Fix.  I truly feel that when you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.   I am passionate about helping others, empowering others, having others achieve things they didn't even know where possible.    What an amazing set of messages to get this week from a dear friend.

The process isn't always easy, but we all deserve to be healthy and happy and we all are capable of doing it with the right tools, love, and support.



If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 

Part of what I know makes me successful is when I prep.   I spent a good deal of time this weekend preparing for the week - that includes cutting up my fruit in advance.  If it's cut up I don't have to 'think' about what to get - I have colorful easy choices ready for me!



This is another really easy staple in my house - I always have all the ingredients on hand so it's a great one to make in a pinch as well as to use for picnics and last minute events.  



I made this salsa last week, holy amazingness.  It did take some time to prep and my chunks were sort of big because I lack in the patience department - but regardless of how chunky it was supposed to be it was amazing!



Another super simple snack or side - cucumbers, tomatoes, dill, apple cider vinegar (I use Braggs organic) and a bit of pepper and olive oil!





I'm loving this time of year as well for my garden - tomatoes and basil freshly picked!



Even my husband is on board!  We made him this really yummy smelling 'sloppy joe' recipe from the Fixate cook book (another love of mine!!)



This is an oldie but goodie, I love my omelettes for dinner, I never tire of them and either does my 2 year old son!


And for dessert, I always have my shake! These days I've been doing Vanilla with honey, cinnamon and bananas - so good!







If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment