My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I Love Me

Weekly Update:  This week I am down 0.2lbs for a total of 75lbs!!  This week I had an unexpected trip to NC, I was doing SO well with my nutrition last week.  Finally back at it after a long summer of ups and downs (a general plateau all summer). I haven't beat myself up, and for me that is huge. I just keep pushing forward.  My food choices were as best they could be with the last minute trip, airport travel and lack of control over my food.   I am really proud of myself for doing the best I could!


I titled this sort of in a funny way "I Love Me", but it's true, I DO love me.  And I didn't always.

I love my imperfections, they  make me compassionate.

I love my struggles, they make me relatable.

I love my body, because it is strong.


This photo is of me 'in the raw'. I was talking to someone I am coaching the other day.  A frank conversation about losing weight and what your body looks like after.  We don't all lose it the same way, but I decided it was time I show my 'real' body. not to say the photos I usually post aren't real, but of course, they don't show my full stomach, because my clothes cover it.   

I have had kids, yes, but my stomach looked like this before too, from the years of being overweight, it is a momento I carry as a reminder.  But instead of hating it. It's a reminder of how far I've come.


I share those photos with you, if you look the same or worry what you WILL look like. I promise you it is still worth it.


Now for some other photos!  These are my 30 Day "Cize" photos.   What is Cize? A program that does not at all feel like a 'workout' because it's dancing!! Even I can dance - that says a lot. I was having so much fun I questioned if I would see results.  I was amazed to be honest. I lost 3 pounds and  6 inches total - and I swear my posture even got ba










If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/ 


And then there is THIS!! Check it out!! I have abs.  Well, at least the beginnings of abs.  Back to the photo I posted of my 'lower stomach'.  I could focus on that, but instead I chose to focus on my ABS!



And also the fact that I'm a positive role model for my son.  I take him to classes with me, he sees me being happy and healthy and he does not see me hating my body. He sees me loving my body for all that it can do.



Many years ago, I lost weight for the first time in my life I was a 'normal' weight.  The problem was, I lost it in a very unhealthy way. Sure, I thought I was healthy - I was losing weight after all!  But food literally consumed my mind.  The scale ruled me. I would work out for hours obsessing over what I could eat as a result.   These photos represent that time in my life. I had lost 60 pounds after about 12 years (my entire youth) of being overweight.   

Today, I see a thin girl who was clearly physically fit as well.   
The day they were taken, I saw a girl with an imperfect body.  
I saw a girl who had 13 more pounds to lose.
I saw a girl who had a cupcake in secret and thought everyone could 'see' that I had gained weight from it.

I look at where I was back then, and it's no wonder I gained all the weight back plus 40 more.  I wasn't happy, and I wasn't truly living or loving myself.



Today I focus on things like what i can DO.  Like being able to dance for the first time in my life and ENJOY it.  Or, starting my newest program "Body Beast" - a program with heavy duty weights!  I feel strong.  Really strong.  I feel unstoppable.  I weigh 30 pounds more than the girl above, but I'm so much happier.



I am OK with taking a photo like this and sharing it with the world.  It shows my progress, it shows that in 90 days, I will look even STRONGER.



I have fun! I enjoy my workouts not for 'how much I can eat' but because I truly enjoy them!



And I enjoy food, whole food. I don't eat 'fat free' any more. I eat real food, and it satisfies me.  

Back in college, there is no way I'd ever put oil in a meal, but I'd have no problem downing a can of fat free whipped cream.  

Here is a meal I made this week - all veggies, eggs and a dressing made out of pepper flakes, coconut oil, sesame oil, braggs liquid amino acids (soy sauce substitute), and sunflower butter.  And the thing is, it satisfies me way more then a 100 calorie pack ever did.






Here is a tomato soup I made with fresh garden tomatoes, garden basil & oregano, garden jalapenos and some almond milk.



These were some awesome melons we got from our CSA - baby melons!



And you know what?  Sometimes I eat cake.  Yep.  I eat it. And I don't work out for 3 hours to 'make up for it'. I eat it, I enjoy it and I MOVE ON from it.  






More about me or to order any products:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Business Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


Contact: fitandbalancedmom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment