My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Beauty

This week has been a harder one for me, I'm not sure why. I can only imagine it was leading up to my son's 4th birthday party that caused the sadness. I hear holidays and birthdays are triggers.  I haven't hit a holiday yet (other than the 4th of July), but I am preparing myself for those to be hard.

This week, was also a week of flowers.   Completely independently, I got beautiful flowers from a handful of friends.    

After Thomas was born, I got many flowers, I know some Loss Moms don't like the flowers, but I loved them. They brought cheer into our house when all I felt was sadness.

I wanted to share the flowers from this week, because this week they brought cheer to me when I struggled again, with sadness.




I also happened to stumble upon a book that I had put some flowers in after Thomas was born, I had grabbed wax paper and put them there to dry out. I then lost the book, only to find it this weekend while struggling emotionally.  

This week was full of flowers for a reason, and that reason was because I needed them this week.


I was also given this absolutely beautiful painting from a group of local moms.   Thomas's feet in my hand, surrounded by quotes I've shared, quotes that others find empowering and other thoughts and comments.   It was given to me on what should have been Thomas's 3 month birthday.




Some moments of joy sprouted in - like during a family hike we went on over the weekend.    I love hiking, so having my 4 year old hike with me is truly an amazing gift.  And being in nature helps me feel closer to Thomas.


We also had some fun (and sweaty) times at home with friends!  I love having friends come over for my 5:30am sweat fest - I cherish my alone time, but it's fun to have a buddy a few times a year!


And it's always funny to see how we wake up over the course of 30 minutes!



Some food news from this week....this I can't claim, my friend made it for me with a hodge podge of all the veggies left in our fridge from our CSA, it was amazing!


This photo is me lamenting that our dishwasher broke so I had to use the tiniest of blender bottles for my Shake - it did the trick, but I missed having my big cup!


Here is one of my favorite quick 'soups' - I use my homemade veggie sauce and add a splash of almond milk and you have a super dense veggie soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment