My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Vacation!

This photo is from the day we got back from vacation but I thought it was a fun way to start the blog this week.  I am noticing more and more that I am having more fun with my workouts (especially now that I don't have to modify!).  And the best part is that now that I'm not modifying, my son wants to participate again.  I think something about my demeanor affected him, because the second I got back to my 'normal' workout self he was all in!


Here he is helping me with my workout on vacation, he is very attentive to the trainers and makes sure that my form is on point.  It's actually pretty comical, but he does a great job of reminding me to keep pushing!



This week closed out our vacation, we had more fun than I was actually anticipating. I think going away and being somewhere I hadn't been pregnant was a big part of it.   We have been going to NH every Summer of my life since I was a kid, but I hadn't made it there pregnant this time so it was a nice disconnection from all the reminders I feel at home.



I definitely had some hard moments, which is why these sunglasses come in handy.   I refuse to miss out on this summer even with the grief, not for me or for my son.    I am working hard to learn to walk hand in hand with the sadness and as a result it requires I get up and get moving even on the hardest days.  


Here we are at Story Land.   I won't say it was totally fun for me, there were pregnant women everywhere, but  what I will say is that my son had a blast.   And watching him have fun has been very important to me.   While I couldn't save Thomas, I still have Ben and it's taught me to truly appreciate every moment because we don't know what will happen in life.





Food news will be short this week but I'm going to highlight two 'favorites' that I reincorporated into my days.  

The first is Energize - this helps me with my workouts now that I have no restrictions.  It helps wake me up, and I find I can push significantly harder as well.


The second is my chia water.   Chia seeds have so many benefits, but I find they particularly help me when I'm having a long day and need a pick me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment