My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Monday, October 9, 2017

Mirrors!

An exciting part of this week: My gym space now has mirrors! 

I dreamed of this basement gym for years, probably 10 years, as I look back at where it all started.  It actually started with a little blue ball that I got with a DVD I had ordered off an infomercial in 2007.

At the time, I was working out at the gym, and living in a 700sqft apartment.  I was far from owning a house, but I knew I wanted a basement gym and hso I started collecting.

Weights, bosu, fitness bands, you name it.  

Once we moved into our current house, mubhsuand chiseled our a small area in the basement for me to call my own.  I lined the floor with yoga mats and propped a tv on my childhood nightstand.

For a mirror, I used my cell phone.

Until recently.  Recently I saw a friend post mirrors for sale on a local tag sale sight.  This is it! My final big addition to my space.  

It may not look like much,  but this lottle space is my abyss, my sanctuary, my me zone. 

I typically use my camera on reverse (below) to check my form,  but now with the mirrors I can see even better. 

Here is a favorite photo from my Mommy & Me Boot Camp class.  My 4 year old insisted on pulling the cart... the cart full of 75lb weights.  While he didn’t make it far, it makes me happy he likes being included in my classes.

His week also was the first week I made it back to teaching at the gym.  Truthfully I was nervous.  I started teaching here in 2007, it has a lot of wonderful memories.  But the last time I taught there was in April.  I was 8 months pregnant, and excited to come back post partum sharing all about the ‘new baby boy’. 

I requested that word be spread to my classes about Thomas, and I am happy that no one asked me how he was, making me think they all did know.  One woman who I usually don’t talk to, but who always comes to class, came up and gave me a giant hug, that meant a lot.  




In addition to being emtionally worried, I was a big physically worried as well.  So I did what I always do before teaching... I practiced.  I always rehearse my classes, check my form, see how things feel.  I was pleasantly surprised that I could do the Pilates Pike, despite not having done it in probably 8 months as I stopped doing pikes mid pregnancy.

This week is also a big week for me, I’ll be going back to the Grand Canyon for the first time since 2010.  I had the opportunity to hone it again in 2014, but I was too overweight and unfit.  At the last minute I backed out of the trip.  I was 12 months post partum.

Here I am, 2017, 4 months post partum and after suffering the loss of my child, and I’m doing it! This is a huge non scale success for me. I may not be where I ‘wanted’ or ‘planned’ but I am able to do the things in life I love which is why i initially started this journey back in 2014.

Here’s my pre hike workout - at 2:30am!


And now time for food news!!  I continue to drink my super food smoothie daily, it’s full of nutrients that I know will help me with recovery from my c-section, energy, anxiety and the ability to get pregnant again. 

Here’s a fun food photo from the week! Bananas 😍. I put 1/4-1/2 of a frozen banana in my smoothies for consistency, so when my freezer stash is down, I buy bananas and cut them up for freezing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment