My Blog List

  • - Fill out my online form. There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.
    7 years ago

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My WHY

Weekly Update:  This week, I continued to move forward with my current nutrition and fitness plan, with 2 weeks to go, I'm already plotting doing it again, I love it that much!    This week I am down 2.4lbs for a NEW total of 83.6 pounds!!  Regardless of my weight, I have to say I am just FEELING great recently, and that's a feeling no number can give or take away from me.

I got this awesome sign from a friend earlier in the week - I put it right in front of my TV where I do my workouts at 5:30am.   Mornings aren't always easy, food choices are sometimes challenging - but when I hone in on my WHY, it makes it all a little easier.



I am really excited to share this photo transformation college.   The first photo  is one of the few I have of myself from that summer, and really I have NON in a bathing suit - this one was sent to me by a friend who had it on her phone (had I known, I would have probably 'forced' her to delete it, glad I didn't because it's one of the few I have).    The second photo I remember being my first really "I'm PROUD" photo - I had my mom take this. I was so PROUD to be this size, having shed about 50 pounds already.   The third photo, still just as proud - feeling more and more like me each day - down another 20 (70 total), and then the last photo, pride isn't even a factor - I'm just RELAXED.  I'm just 'me'.   The third one is my current state.


I talked a little about my WHY earlier.  This guy, on so many levels is my biggest WHY.  I started because I wanted to be able to play with him with out fear of getting stuck on the ground.   Then I continued because I wanted to show him how to LIVE life, I didn't want to hide behind cameras or say no to activities that I loved because my size got in the way.   As he gets older, it has transformed into a WHY about showing him how to be healthy.  As a kid, I didn't know what healthy was, I knew I was overweight, and I knew it was 'bad' but I had no idea why.    And honestly, I hate the word 'bad' - I like to focus on how we FEEL and we FEEL better when we are healthy.  End of story.


This photo was taken the same day as the one above with the swim suit comparisons.    I love this photo, because after the fact I noticed something I am extremely proud of and thought I'd never have.   My arms!    I have always struggled with my arms, never really changing their shape or size.  This photo, I wasn't even thinking as we snapped it, but after the FIRST thing I saw was the definition in my arms!  I worked for that definition, that strength. I am proud of it.


The top photo was probably about 60 pounds down already - I remember posting this to my private group, admitting how much I struggled with my 'arm hang' and how it was something that always bothered me.  I shared that no matter what, I was proud of where I was.  Truthfully, I never thought this 'hang' would change.   Now I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I am insanely proud of how much I have been able to change my arms - it's not just the 20 pounds that has changed them, it's the definition from all the hard work I've been putting in.


I said my son was my WHY.  Showing him how to live a healthy lifestyle is a big part of my WHY.   I started teaching "Mommy & Me" classes as a way to help other moms fit in some time for their health but still be with their little ones.  But as my son grows older, it's becoming so clear to me that my real purpose with these classes is to show him, and other kids, that fitness can be FUN.   As a kid, I always thought fitness was a 'punishment' for being 'overweight' - it never occurred to me that it could make me feel good or be fun.  

I want my son to see the fun in it.




I went from a mom who was barely awake, and scraping by on little energy, happy as a mom, but miserable as a person - to a mom who can bring my son with me to work - and show him just how much I value my health.


Food news!  This is the third or fourth week of me making this butternut squash curry - I can't get enough of it! And it's so easy.



One of the most exciting things this week is that the newest flavor of Shakeology came out!   Cafe Latte!!   I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but truthfully I LOVE it.  It tastes just like coffee ice cream.


Getting these green boxes made me literally jump and down with excitement this week.


Banana news!   I know I have shared this before, but I love my bananas! I love love love them when they are spotty like this.


My newest treat is a banana (or half a banana) each with 1/8 a teaspoon of PB on it.  So good!!


If you enjoy my blog, I'd love to have you in my private (women only) Facebook Group dedicated to health, fitness and nutrition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitandHealthyPrivateGroup/


If you'd like to work with me as your coach, create a free account:  http://www.beachbodycoach.com/chapmaki

Mommy & Me Website: http://www.fitandbalancedmom.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment